Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back from delivery center, and the car is PERFECT!! Process was very smooth and was afforded ample time to inspect the car prior to leaving the center. Honestly, wasn't as big of a mad house as I was expecting. Anyways here's a quick picture!

To all the no VIN bro's in San Diego, saw a semi full of white model 3's being dropped off at the off site storage facility! There is hope!

Attachments

• IMG_4945.jpg
    IMG_4945.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 50
what is the Carlsbad office telling you ? assuming its Carlsbad . I am Dec1 order and they keep saying EOY

Thats probably true. Carlsbad employees are working overtime this weekend processing deliveries. You ordered almost a month after me and they tried to get me to pick up tomorrow morning, but I had to stick with my originally scheduled date of Tuesday.

After talking to my SA there, she was a day behind in getting back to emails and voicemails. Its probably best for everyone to stop contacting them to ask when they would get their order. In the end, it will speed things along.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Just got back from delivery center, and the car is PERFECT!! Process was very smooth and was afforded ample time to inspect the car prior to leaving the center. Honestly, wasn't as big of a mad house as I was expecting. Anyways here's a quick picture!

To all the no VIN bro's in San Diego, saw a semi full of white model 3's being dropped off at the off site storage facility! There is hope!
First picture I’ve seen with a bow! I hope my car has one when I go pick it up lol

Congrats! It’s beautiful

Thats probably true. Carlsbad employees are working overtime this weekend processing deliveries. You ordered almost a month after me and they tried to get me to pick up tomorrow morning, but I had to stick with my originally scheduled date of Tuesday.

After talking to my SA there, she was a day behind in getting back to emails and voicemails. Its probably best for everyone to stop contacting them to ask when they would get their order. In the end, it will speed things along.

I bet lot of us would wait patiently if we have more information and communication. Now I understand SA or DA might have no insight into when will these cars will be delivered but they have to understand that folks have travel plans or have to meet bank deadlines for loans

My bank has given me a firm date after which they won’t be able to process the loan . All I want to know from Telsa is can they meet that deadline
Someone should be able to tell me that

that’s all I am saying

congrats !! Enjoy your ride

I bet lot of us would wait patiently if we have more information and communication. Now I understand SA or DA might have no insight into when will these cars will be delivered but they have to understand that folks have travel plans or have to meet bank deadlines for loans

My bank has given me a firm date after which they won’t be able to process the loan . All I want to know from Telsa is can they meet that deadline
Someone should be able to tell me that

that’s all I am saying

agreeed! They act like we no one has any plans and we are just sitting at the door waiting for the call. I had to change my delivery location from Palm Springs to Buena Park because I’m going to be out of town. And who knows I might have to change it back if it takes too much longer!

Reactions: davidw76

You're lucky! I picked up my Red Model 3 and fully inspected with 2 other friends as an extra set of eyes, and there were about a dozen chips/dirt in the clearcoat that I pointed out to my delivery guy.

If you saw a red Model 3 parked outside the exit of the delivery center, that was me inspecting my car.

I do appreciate them letting me taking my time to inspect it, but it was definitely a stressful day. I didn't reject the car in fear of not getting another car by EOY, but I did leave my car there at the service center to have them addressed the defects ASAP. They say it can take as long as a month due to how big the backlog is.

However, since I live about 45 mins away, they were nice enough to schedule an UBER for free to pick me up and drive me to the Enterprise center for a Model S loaner in Carlsbad, but yah I was hoping to take my car straight to the detailer shop, but I just could not in good faith take a car with so many paint defects :(

Attachments

• IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    459.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
You're lucky! I picked up my Red Model 3 and fully inspected with 2 other friends as an extra set of eyes, and there were about a dozen chips/dirt in the clearcoat that I pointed out to my delivery guy.

If you saw a red Model 3 parked outside the exit of the delivery center, that was me inspecting my car.

I do appreciate them letting me taking my time to inspect it, but it was definitely a stressful day. I didn't reject the car in fear of not getting another car by EOY, but I did leave my car there at the service center to have them addressed the defects ASAP. They say it can take as long as a month due to how big the backlog is.

However, since I live in Poway, they were nice enough to schedule an UBER for free to pick me up and drive me to the Enterprise center for a Model S loaner in Carlsbad, but yah I was hoping to take my car straight to the detailer shop, but I just could not in good faith take a car with so many paint defects :(

What’s your order date

hopefully you get your car back soon

Funny story, as I was walking out I ran into my SA! Guess a ton of local SA's are putting in OT at the delivery centers till the end of this year.

Congrats! It’s beautiful

Appreciate it! :)

congrats !! Enjoy your ride

Thank you! :)

However, since I live about 45 mins away, they were nice enough to schedule an UBER for free to pick me up and drive me to the Enterprise center for a Model S loaner in Carlsbad, but yah I was hoping to take my car straight to the detailer shop, but I just could not in good faith take a car with so many paint defects :(

Wow. Im sorry to hear that!! Where did you find all the blemishes?