Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,
Here's a very late update. I took delivery of my SR+ white exterior/black interior on Dec 22nd from Fremont delivery center.

It was a very rainy day and inspecting the car was sort of tough. The delivery associate wasn't trained, he mentioned he's just volunteering and actually works in the 'battery' department. But he was very polite and tried to help as much. Though I knew much more about setting up the car, but his earnestness to assist was very nice.

Thankfully I had taken a towel with me, so any area we thought was troublesome, we just soaked the water and inspected closely. Everything was perfect, some dust lines (which appeared to be scratches at first), but a quick finger wipe and they were gone.

There was a bit of a gap I noticed underneath the car, I guess where the battery and the car body meet. Just a gentle push and I heard a 'click'. But I still wanted to make sure it's fine, so the DA went to get the manager, who had a smiling face, but please get out asap, demeanor. First she said, this is fine, but thanks to many new model 3 near us, a quick comparison showed it's not fine. She then tried to dissuade us saying the service guys can have a look, will take 1+ hours, we might take the car back, blah blah. I politely asked her, lets just at least get some service folk's eye on it. Reluctantly, they took it to the backside, and came back after 5 mins saying it was fine and fixed. Indeed it was and it was seamless now.

Cause of Christmas holidays, have barely driven it much. I got it at just 4 miles on the Odo, and now it's at about 130 miles. Commuting to work today, I noticed slightly more wind noise at around 75 mph (as compared to my Audi a4). Looks like the roof glass isn't aligned well with the rear glass. Maybe that's where the wind noise is coming from ?

But overall, I got a nice car and I'm very happy. Still trying to learn and work through different features. :)

Since I live in an apartment, the garage gets no wifi. T-Mobile hotspot is useless. I drove to Fremont's service center after hours and parked next to their bay to get wifi to update to the latest.
Later found that the supercharger in the factory showroom also gets wifi.

I was very disappointed to see you cannot join most of Public wifis that need you to confirm t&c before accessing internet.
Even my work's guest wifi didn't work.

Protip: I spoofed my car's MAC address on my laptop, connected to the guest wifi, and once authenticated, wifi works on tesla now !

Parking assist hasn't come up in my limited testing. Need to check more on that.

Next things to do:
1) Chrome delete
2) Tinting
3) Floor mats
4) Ceramic/ppf coatings (maybe ? )

Any pointers for bay area ?

PS: forgot to add, I modified my order a total of 3 times in the first week of December (originally ordered: 11/23), the reservation number remains the same, and I don't think you move to the back of the queue as the SA had stated. But then it might be based on individual cases.

Congrats to you....but once again Tesla sucks it up. Ordered the same car 11/15 and have made ZERO changes to it, yet I am currently hoping that the stars align and it is finished on 12/30 for an NYE delivery....

Ok, so an update to my odyssey of the Ghosted Home delivery today.

I live close enough to a store, so I was able to head over. There was a switch of cars produced on 12/25 and the Fremont Direct group was not working on 12/25 so there was a significant number of White or MSM cars which had been pushed to the "end of the line" during XMas. No one was informed of the cancelled appointment, and the store said they already had 4 people walk in to ask about it.

After an hour of waiting while they chatted with Fremont, I was informed that our lot (White/Black SR+ and Grey(MSM)/Black SR+) will next be up for production on 12/30 oh yay.

The also mentioned something about the "switch for So Cal" so I do not know if they changed what was produced to give more time to get to So Cal with the weather, or if they were just making excuses and last minute, high dollar cars were switched in instead.

So...either the 30th or 31st..and of course, "trust them, they will get it to you by End of Year!"

We don’t. We all go through the same evolution as we become Tesla owners. We learn that Tesla makes great cars and does not have great service. You just haven’t made it over to the other side yet. You still want a great car and great service. When you get to the other side you just accept what is and stop getting frustrated by it. That’s not the same as making excuses for it.
Ok, so an update to my odyssey of the Ghosted Home delivery today.

I live close enough to a store, so I was able to head over. There was a switch of cars produced on 12/25 and the Fremont Direct group was not working on 12/25 so there was a significant number of White or MSM cars which had been pushed to the "end of the line" during XMas. No one was informed of the cancelled appointment, and the store said they already had 4 people walk in to ask about it.

After an hour of waiting while they chatted with Fremont, I was informed that our lot (White/Black SR+ and Grey(MSM)/Black SR+) will next be up for production on 12/30 oh yay.

The also mentioned something about the "switch for So Cal" so I do not know if they changed what was produced to give more time to get to So Cal with the weather, or if they were just making excuses and last minute, high dollar cars were switched in instead.

So...either the 30th or 31st..and of course, "trust them, they will get it to you by End of Year!"

I wonder how this will work if I have a VIN, MVPA and funded loan based off those two things. If my car was produced and sent to SoCal, not sure what I do

Yeah i saw the same exact car in Costa Mesa and in Marina del Rey in the inventory and they were $500 different in price - must be same reason. No idea why! But now one of them is gone... I was tempted to upgrade to the LR that's in inventory cuz at least the ext/int colors were right for me, but in the end, I don't feel like giving this company another $10k just cuz they're messing with them EOY deadline.

... I hope they truly believe they can get these to us by EOY and they have an amazing super plan.

I emailed the SD delivery team to ask what's going on since it's been more than a week since my first text and they at least replied.......... with nothing new, but they said they're still waiting for VIN to be assigned (duh) and they expect it to happen in the "next few days" - uhh yeah there's 5 days left in the year so... ::shrugs:: pray for a miracle!

Reactions: ZappCatt
F63F2D2C-8FD9-46C2-8A2D-0B1230703112.jpeg

Just took delivery last night in Buena Park. They were busy but went smoothly getting the car last night considering the long process that took place just to get to delivery. Happy to report no weird glass roof gaps, no paint issues- nothing bad to report and hope you guys get the same outcome as these issues shouldn’t be happening.

I wish you guys positive thoughts and vibes in getting your new car before year end.

Original order was 10/8.

11/3 order for pickup at Marina Del Rey DC - VIN and MVPA received on 12/21, tentative delivery for 12/28 at 5pm, but car is still at the factory. I leave to SF on Sunday so I’m getting nervous
Update: Spoke with a DS and was told that there still isn’t any movement and it looks like my car won’t be ready until Monday or Tuesday. And since I won’t be in town, I will most likely lose my VIN and have to get assigned to another vehicle when I’m back if there’s one available. DS also mentioned that if the tax credit is important, I should cross my fingers and hope I can get assigned another vehicle currently in inventory.

View attachment 493331
Just took delivery last night in Buena Park. They were busy but went smoothly getting the car last night considering the long process that took place just to get to delivery. Happy to report no weird glass roof gaps, no paint issues- nothing bad to report and hope you guys get the same outcome as these issues shouldn’t be happening.

I wish you guys positive thoughts and vibes in getting your new car before year end.

Original order was 10/8.

Nice ride! My delivery is in Buena Park on Sunday. Did they give you enough time to inspect the car, did they rush you at all? Also picking up at night, but it looks like they have enough lighting from your picture to inspect thoroughly.

Reactions: kkres
Nice ride! My delivery is in Buena Park on Sunday. Did they give you enough time to inspect the car, did they rush you at all? Also picking up at night, but it looks like they have enough lighting from your picture to inspect thoroughly.
Do you know if your car is still in pre-production? My DC is Buena Park and also have a delivery appointment for Sunday but I’m afraid from what I’m reading here that our appointments may get pushed back again.

I didn’t feel like I was rushed- I was asked once I checked in if I had an questions now but was told to sit and wait for an agent. Which was like 2 min- We looked over the purchase agreement and only needed one signature since I provided them with a check from my bank. Then we looked over the car, connected my phone and went over the things that matter (Bluetooth pairing, wipers, heater, etc) they took pictures of me with the car, asked if I had the proper connections at home for charging. I also got the nema adapter. Made sure I got my questions answered but I felt like I was rushing him to get home. I had time to inspect it before a final signature- stating I’m taking the car before driving off...

Reactions: Ron Johnson
Per text message, I'm currently scheduled to pick up my M3 at Carlsbad on Monday. However, I haven't received any direct communication from them. Am I supposed to? I would like acknowledgment that they are satisfied with the financing paperwork. Anyone have their contact information?

Has everyone who had a successful delivery Pre-Paid and NOT paid at delivery?

I have not pre-Paid, and wonder if that is why they dropped my delivery...even though it was done overnight when I just got the final docs yesterday(Xmas).
View attachment 493331

Original order was 10/8.
Nice! I was just there yesterday with my wife looking at the cars I won't have until my delivery on Monday. It's a nice facility, makes me feel bad for the Cadillac dealer next door.

Nice! I was just there yesterday with my wife looking at the cars I won't have until my delivery on Monday. It's a nice facility, makes me feel bad for the Cadillac dealer next door.

Bet the Caddy sales guys wish they were having the sales Tesla is. Any idea how many deliveries a day Buena Park is doing? I heard on the news up here that the 5 is now open which is good news for everyone.

Reactions: Ron Johnson
Lol I thought about that when I passed MB & BMW as I was exiting Auto Center lol

They had their day.

BMW has been building the i3 since 2013. They choose to defend their legacy ICE business rather than push their EV architecture to the next generation. Now both BMW and MB trail Tesla in EVs. MB is not even bringing over the EQC small SUV to the US until 2021. If the Model Y is shipping by then, I think it is going to be a hard for them to get any sales traction.

Reactions: tren01t