Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Call received from Tesla Toronto "just checking"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Imagine my excitement to see a call coming in on my cell from Tesla last Thursday. The call originated from Toronto, and the customer service rep was sadly NOT calling to tell me that my car was ready for delivery. He asked me when I heard last from Tesla regarding my order. Funny, but you would think TESLA would know when they last contacted me. This was my first phone call, and I have yet to receive any emails beyond the one that notified me that my order was complete. He said that he was working on the backlog of orders and hoped to have a VIN issued for me in the near future.

Wondering if anyone else who placed an order in that sweet spot at the end of June (after the price drop for EAP/FSD and before the increase in some color paint options) has received a call but is still waiting for a VIN?

Deposit paid: 10/29/17 (non-owner)
Configured/ordered: 6/28/18
LR AWD, red, 19" sport, PUP/EAP/FSD
Estimated delivery: Sept-Nov. (no change from original projection in June)

I asked how upgrading to P would impact the estimated delivery and the customer service rep said it would put me to the end of the queue...

Imagine my excitement to see a call coming in on my cell from Tesla last Thursday. The call originated from Toronto, and the customer service rep was sadly NOT calling to tell me that my car was ready for delivery. He asked me when I heard last from Tesla regarding my order. Funny, but you would think TESLA would know when they last contacted me. This was my first phone call, and I have yet to receive any emails beyond the one that notified me that my order was complete. He said that he was working on the backlog of orders and hoped to have a VIN issued for me in the near future.

Wondering if anyone else who placed an order in that sweet spot at the end of June (after the price drop for EAP/FSD and before the increase in some color paint options) has received a call but is still waiting for a VIN?

Deposit paid: 10/29/17 (non-owner)
Configured/ordered: 6/28/18
LR AWD, red, 19" sport, PUP/EAP/FSD
Estimated delivery: Sept-Nov. (no change from original projection in June)

I asked how upgrading to P would impact the estimated delivery and the customer service rep said it would put me to the end of the queue...
Sounds sketchy. Are you certain it was a Tesla rep?

Reactions: S5S5G6
I ordered end of June in Toronto, RWD, with Red, sport wheels, EAP and FSD, and I've never heard from Tesla. Emailed them shortly after ordering but never heard back. Still waiting for a VIN/Delivery here. I'd be annoyed seeing a call from Tesla and have it just be a courtesy call!!! Although I do hope they call me and ask when I last heard from them so I can say never, and ask if that's the level of service they offer people that just committed to a $100k vehicle lol.

Reactions: C141medic
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Runt8
So, I called the main Tesla number and asked if they had a Toronto call center. The rep said no, and there was no record of the call on my account. I used the reverse phone lookup for Canada and couldn't identify the owner of the number. So I called it, and the same rep answered. He apologized for not logging the call, and said he would do it ASAP, then followed up with an email to confirm. So it was a legitimate call and I hope it means my order is moving along in the process.

psychobunny83, except for the RWD option, our cars could be twins!

One never knows the veracity of info from front-line Tesla reps, but the sales dude here in CO yesterday told me that he's seen AWD orders that swapped to P getting VINs within a week. Seems unlikely that you'd go to the end of the line.

One never knows the veracity of info from front-line Tesla reps, but the sales dude here in CO yesterday told me that he's seen AWD orders that swapped to P getting VINs within a week. Seems unlikely that you'd go to the end of the line.

Oh he'd go to the end of A line, just not the end of The line.

People tend to forget there are multiple lines/queues for reservation holders at the least I'd expect 4 US and 4 Canada lines right now

1. $69,000 Performance with Performance Upgrade (Yo dawg, we heard you like performance with your performance so we added more performance)
2. $64,000 Performance
3. $54,000 AWD "all in" AWD + PUP + LR
4. $49,000 "First available" - PUP + LR - NO AWD

with more lines coming into play later as some of these are added

5. $49,000 AWD LR - NO PUP
6. $45,000 AWD PUP - NO LR
7. $44,000 LR, no PUP, no AWD
8. $40,000 PUP, no AWD, no LR
9. $40,000 AWD - NO PUP - NO LR
10. $35,000 BASE BASE BASE Model 3 with no major options.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy