Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all military/ veteran owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shout out to all my past and current military Tesla owners! Who here has served and or currently serving with a Tesla? I’m currently stationed at JBLM Washington and a model S owner. There is one other model S owner I see on base that works at BDE. Saw one silver model 3 roming around on the air force side. Owning a Tesla in the military seems to be a unicorn since the vest majority military personal own Jeeps and muscle cars XD

Retired after 22 years with ARSOF ~4.5 years deployed to many places that end in STAN and 3 years in places that end in DAN. Would have stayed in for 30 until I got injured - loved the teams, true grit Americans, whom I will never ever forget.

I love surprising the young soldiers when they try and pay for dinner and the check comes with a note from a mystery bill payer... makes me smile every time. I only pay for the guys with "right shoulder sleeve insignia-former wartime service" (SSI - FWTS), recognizes soldiers' participation in combat operations. The ones without the SSI-FWTS should get out - we have been at war for 15 years -- where you been? I don't know what an Aluminum Falcon is, but I know what a Blue Falcon is..:)

Full solar array (non-Tesla) have owned three Model S's (P85, P85+, 90D), Zero FX motorcycle and Bollinger Motors reservation holder. Will never buy another gas/diesel car again.

Last edited:
The ones without the SSI-FWTS should get out - we have been at war for 15 years -- where you been?
Dude, that's not a productive attitude. Some serve in jobs where there's no need for deployment, others simply were in during a stretch where their unit didn't deploy — especially nowadays when deployments are far fewer than in previous years. The "If your ain't deployed then you ain't s***" attitude doesn't help develop an effective or cohesive fighting force. It puts all the emphasis on the glory of the patch than on service to your country and comrades.

Dude, that's not a productive attitude. Some serve in jobs where there's no need for deployment, others simply were in during a stretch where their unit didn't deploy — especially nowadays when deployments are far fewer than in previous years. The "If your ain't deployed then you ain't s***" attitude doesn't help develop an effective or cohesive fighting force. It puts all the emphasis on the glory of the patch than on service to your country and comrades.

Sorry for my attitude, but it was carefully honed over many years of watching soldiers in units figure out ways to get out of deploying: school, mental, physical, family, pregnancy, EFMP, drug abuse, insubordination, sudden injuries, etc, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Looks like the military is getting sick of it too. It's not effective or cohesive. Maybe the non-deployables could be aligned to the stateside jobs, so soldiers like you can deploy.

Deploy or get out: New Pentagon plan could boot thousands of non-deployable troops

The Army National Guard wants to cut down on non-deployables, increase quality of training

BTW Thank you for your service. I don't know what you do and it doesn't really matter, as long as you served.

From the 2018 Guard Posture Statement:

After 9/11, our National Guard began its transition to the operational force it is today. Since then, Guard members have deployed more than 850,000 times to locations such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, the Balkans, Guantanamo Bay,and the Sinai. Today, we are an operational force that fights seamlessly with the joint force. With the implementation of Total Force initiatives with the Army and Air Force, we are more closely integrated than ever before.

http://www.nationalguard.mil/portal...8-National-Guard-Bureau-Posture-Statement.pdf