Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling out to all NEW UK Model X owners with Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very excited having placed my order for my dream Model X a couple of weeks ago. Would love to hear from others in the order queue so we can share our experiences as we wait for the cars to arrive.
I ordered an MX 60D with 6 seats in Blue with black leather interior, black headliner, pup, pss. tow pack. My suggested delivery is Feb 2017.
look forward to hearing from you all

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I am very excited having placed my order for my dream Model X a couple of weeks ago. Would love to hear from others in the order queue so we can share our experiences as we wait for the cars to arrive.
I ordered an MX 60D with 6 seats in Blue with black leather interior, black headliner, pup, pss. tow pack. My suggested delivery is Feb 2017.
look forward to hearing from you all
A

Welcone! Have been waiting for UK owners feedback for a while. I ordered my MX in January 2015,
Configured the order in June this year and now awaiting delivery. I decided to avoid the lux options and went solely for range with a 90D order. Ideally I'd prefer 4 seats, but 5 is the minimum. Reading lots of posts on here made me decide to not to go for the PUP, I have ordered titanium colour, sub zero pack and tow hook.

What did annoy me was the pricing totaliser in the top left of the order page.
There is nothing there to state that the Government EV grant is already subtracted

Here we go again - it feels just like spring 2014 when we early adopters were gagging on every utterance from Elon about RHD shipments starting. One of the forum members was on a Fremont tour and spotted a RHD car in the parking lot there and shoved the pics up in here to make us believe that one day we would see our cars over here.

Many of us have reservations for RHD - HK and Australia have seen photos ( photoshopped ? ) - but has any of us had any updates yet on the Q4 arrival dates yet ? I ordered October 2015 - hoping for Q4 delivery.

Watching...

Here we go again - it feels just like spring 2014 when we early adopters were gagging on every utterance from Elon about RHD shipments starting. One of the forum members was on a Fremont tour and spotted a RHD car in the parking lot there and shoved the pics up in here to make us believe that one day we would see our cars over here.

Many of us have reservations for RHD - HK and Australia have seen photos ( photoshopped ? ) - but has any of us had any updates yet on the Q4 arrival dates yet ? I ordered October 2015 - hoping for Q4 delivery.

Watching...
@archiveking LOL I am so like you going to spend the next 5 months desperately hoping for any info that might suggest news on our cars, somehow I bet we all think it will suddenly Magic the cars to us. I just can't wait to get my X. Received a welcome surprise from tesla today. My thank you from Elon for ordering my model 3. Yes I have ordered both but like the X I expect the right hand drive version to be last to be delivered I recon at least 2018/19

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 51
We have a MX launch party coming up next week in Sydney. I don't think we will see any RHD'S. I'm hoping we do, but from what I have been told, they will be showing us the X for the first time in flesh but in a LHD flavor. When I ordered I was told late this year, however I think it will be early next year.

I ordered a obsidian Black P90D with PUP, sub zero, white seats, in a seven seat configuration. The X is for the wife, I already have my MS P90D. Really looking forward to completing our Tesla family!

@cheekie great to here about your order especially as its a week after mine couldn't be closer let's keep in contact and share any info we get. For now let me know the config of your MX and choices

Hi where did you order yours? Mine is detailed in my signature, hopefully you can see that? Basically P90D with Ludicrous in Midnight Silver with the 22" Black Onyx, White seats, 6 seat config, cold weather pack, upgrade interior pack, autopilot etc etc lol

Hi where did you order yours? Mine is detailed in my signature, hopefully you can see that? Basically P90D with Ludicrous in Midnight Silver with the 22" Black Onyx, White seats, 6 seat config, cold weather pack, upgrade interior pack, autopilot etc etc lol
@cheeky I ordered mine from weybridge tesla really good service. My sole consession was initial order of a MXD 60D which I will upgrade later to 75D. I would have loved to buy the 90D but I didn't want to compromise on the spec. For my day to day use back and forward from Southampton to London with 3 super chargers on route range won't be an issues for me. I still get every extra just not the range and top speed I can live with that. I chose the blue but it was a close call between that and silver. For me the interior was allways black leather, I felt white was impractical and might encourage too much unwanted attention

Reactions: cheekychappie
@archiveking LOL I am so like you going to spend the next 5 months desperately hoping for any info that might suggest news on our cars, somehow I bet we all think it will suddenly Magic the cars to us. I just can't wait to get my X. Received a welcome surprise from tesla today. My thank you from Elon for ordering my model 3. Yes I have ordered both but like the X I expect the right hand drive version to be last to be delivered I recon at least 2018/19

@cookielovers looking like the RHD will have autopilot 2 as they are saying the looming wiring and kit is being installed as standard on all cars as of this weekend. Maybe a call offering in October offering us an upgrade to a MX100d too? so maybe I don't want it delivered quite yet. Very happy with my MS with 50K on the clock of wonderful driving since June 14. Have you got one?

@cookielovers looking like the RHD will have autopilot 2 as they are saying the looming wiring and kit is being installed as standard on all cars as of this weekend. Maybe a call offering in October offering us an upgrade to a MX100d too? so maybe I don't want it delivered quite yet. Very happy with my MS with 50K on the clock of wonderful driving since June 14. Have you got one?
That's really interesting I wasn't aware of some of that. What I really care about is that we definitely take delivery before end of March so we won't have to pay premium tax yearly on our MX. So I would consider anything that avoids that happening. The 3rd and 4th quarter ramp up on the X suggests that they should meet the deadline. The launch of the X in Australia which is right hand drive suggest once again it's looking good for production. So long as you avoid ordering 5 seat version i believe they will meet the schedule. I loved the model s but couldn't buy it as no tow pack, if Elon had listened to customers requests I would have had one some time ago. Only the X and 3 have tow packs. Hence my orders

Cannot understand why no tow pack on new MS as the chassis for the X is the same. Anyways - good new is that Model X RHD production to begin Sept 1 at Fremont. Maybe a few deliveries pre Christmas ?

ps Chatter about full foldable rear seats before the end of the year keep bubbling to the surface.....

Hi Guys,

I have been in touch with Tesla (Leeds) today and they will have a Left hand drive model X in store from August 30th. No test drives due to it being a left hooker but looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.
I have a model 3 on order but realistically that's looking at the very least to be 2.years away so I am going to take the plunge on an X providing it doesn't disappoint when I finally get to see one face to face next week??!!
Delivery estimation possibly March if I order now but if you go on and configure January is available as a delivery date choice??
I'm based up in County Durham which has a serious lack of SC do any of you guys worry about potential charging difficulties when out of area?

Hi Guys,

I have been in touch with Tesla (Leeds) today and they will have a Left hand drive model X in store from August 30th. No test drives due to it being a left hooker but looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.
I have a model 3 on order but realistically that's looking at the very least to be 2.years away so I am going to take the plunge on an X providing it doesn't disappoint when I finally get to see one face to face next week??!!
Delivery estimation possibly March if I order now but if you go on and configure January is available as a delivery date choice??
I'm based up in County Durham which has a serious lack of SC do any of you guys worry about potential charging difficulties when out of area?
https

@Tanflado interesting post especially about the delivery dates. I think I only noticed the Feb deliveries but tesla recommended the earliest possible choice. If right hand drive production starts in September then this could be good for a earlier delivery than suggested. I guess we will have a better picture when uk owners advise they are going into production. Delivery to the uk must take 2-3 weeks? Absolutely go and take a look at the car with the ammount of features this has its like a model s on steroids. I just loved it and I haven driven the s. Most owners of both say it drives better. The biggest help for me was the 6 seat version is by far the best configuration. The extra space it gives really lifts the car. And yes the rear 2 seats can fit 2 adults.
I just can't wait for my X as I say too my wife every day... STILL WAITING FOR TESLA

Ha ha yes patience is certainly part of the journey!
I'm still cogitating on colour, met black with white leather is looking favourite at the moment with AP and premium upgrade. What did you settle on?
This car will be going through my Business and it is remarkable what the actual cost nets back to when you take into consideration tax relief (100% allowance in year one which works out approx £12000), fuel cost saving and BIK it's a no brainer and that's without taking into consideration what a great car it is.................

I drove the S a few weeks back and instantly fell in love with it(don't tell the wife!) as I mentioned in my previous post it would be nice if there were a few more super chargers available in the UK but hopefully this will improve soon, particularly once volumes pick up with the introduction of the model 3? Do you have any concerns with charging ?

@Tanflado patience is easy when it's just another car. But a Tesla just isn't another car!!!! I truly believe that Elon musk has created the path to a brighter future. He has proven you can be responsible and still have the best in every catogory car. There is something for everyone and this is just the beginning. Like all of us I am really excited about the prospect of journeys and enjoying my X. Like you I am buying it through my company for the tax benefits which certainly help and are generous. I have chosen the blue, it was close with silver but daughter and wife love the tesla blue. Black was a consideration but I wanted a change from my existing car which is black. I chose black leather, pup,pss,tow

@Tanflado patience is easy when it's just another car. But a Tesla just isn't another car!!!! I truly believe that Elon musk has created the path to a brighter future. He has proven you can be responsible and still have the best in every catogory car. There is something for everyone and this is just the beginning. Like all of us I am really excited about the prospect of journeys and enjoying my X. Like you I am buying it through my company for the tax benefits which certainly help and are generous. I have chosen the blue, it was close with silver but daughter and wife love the tesla blue. Black was a consideration but I wanted a change from my existing car which is black. I chose black leather, pup,pss,tow
Ha ha yes patience is certainly part of the journey!
I'm still cogitating on colour, met black with white leather is looking favourite at the moment with AP and premium upgrade. What did you settle on?
This car will be going through my Business and it is remarkable what the actual cost nets back to when you take into consideration tax relief (100% allowance in year one which works out approx £12000), fuel cost saving and BIK it's a no brainer and that's without taking into consideration what a great car it is.................

I drove the S a few weeks back and instantly fell in love with it(don't tell the wife!) as I mentioned in my previous post it would be nice if there were a few more super chargers available in the UK but hopefully this will improve soon, particularly once volumes pick up with the introduction of the model 3? Do you have any concerns with charging ?