Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera Calibration for FSD in 6.5 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Model X 10/2018, 2024.14.9

I was stuck at 99% calibration since April with multiple attempts to clear camera calibration and start over. I went 500 miles, cleared cameras then 400 miles more. I went to the Service Center and they Factory Reset the car and reinstalled software. They also changed my Sentry Mode USB stick from 256 GB to 128 GB. It still wouldn't calibrate past 99%.

Today, I went into Service Mode, cleared each set of cameras from the dropdown menu (I ignored an error that one of the cameras wouldn't reset) then reset DAS and exited Service Mode. I then did a reset: press the 2 scroll wheels while pressing the brake pedal and released everything when the T appeared on the center screen.

I then drove 6.5 miles (1/2 city and 1/2 highway) and it was fully calibrated. Pulled the car over, put car in park and I was able to select FSD!

I hope this works for others with the same issue I had for the past 2 1/2 months.

To add to this: added FSD to my 2018 Model X. It reached 99% within 7-8km and then got stuck for ages. Called service, they wanted to bring it in. Confirmed this is not normal.

So I reset the camera calibration through service mode, drove to the highway (like 100km+ highway). Reached the highway at 95%, and within a few minutes, it completed calibration.

Most notably: while Tesla (and their support) suggests 100+ miles to calibrate, mine calibrated in far, far less than that - maybe 10-15km total.

Very thankful to everyone whose posts I read, who contributed to this solution.

Last edited: