Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t connect to car via App - anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the last four days I have had the message 'mobile access denied' on my app. I don't know why this is, and whether there's a fix anyone can suggest, but last night the charging plan from OI did not start; it was schedules to run from 1am to 6am and di not kick in.

My question is, do I need to have mobile access for OI to work or was this due to some other issue? I am aware I can disable it but plugging in at 11.30 and getting up at 5.30 to unplug in future is not an attractive option!

Thanks for any insight!

Has your car taken a software update recently?

Won’t be first time that an update has changed user preferences. Iirc that one a couple of updates ago required you to re-accept some data sharing options. One of those might prevent remote access to the car.

I've had this problem for the last few days.

As soon as the car goes to sleep the app says access is disabled. If I hit the message icon and then quickly hit controls (before it tells me access is disabled) I can unlock the car and it wakes up.

IO however fails to charge because it can't wake the car

Tried the 2 button reset but it didn't help :(

No because I running an old software version on the car. I don't agree with them disabling radar which was something I paid for when I bought the car.

I know I will.evemtually have to upgrade, but I'm not ready yet

Never had any problems with the Tesla app until now, for no discernible reason, the app doesn’t bother locking the car when I walk away or opening the car when I’m next to it.

No recent software updates on car or iPhone 13

How easy is this to fix? Is it the old reset everything and hope for the best.

What a royal pain in the ass.

Had the car over two years and never had this issue.

Never had any problems with the Tesla app until now, for no discernible reason, the app doesn’t bother locking the car when I walk away or opening the car when I’m next to it.

No recent software updates on car or iPhone 13

How easy is this to fix? Is it the old reset everything and hope for the best.

What a royal pain in the ass.

Had the car over two years and never had this issue.
Try turning Bluetooth off and back on on your phone.

I've noticed the Energy side of the app is about an hour behind.. never seen it like this. Whether it's related, I'm not sure. The 'Live' data seems to be behind about an hour. It's like looking into the past lol
There was also an API change, so I'd guess we are in for a few days of fixes to correct the problems they have introduced.

Yeah thanks tried this and it worked.
I never take my key card out either so just a little bit worrying!!
Bluetooth can be a bit finicky and the connections can sometimes hang, leading to them not working as they should. It can happen with all sorts of BT devices, not just the car. If you find BT connections are being glitchy, turning BT off and back on (if an iPhone, in the settings app, not from command centre) will generally fix the issue. Turning the phone off and back on again will also do the trick.