Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t connect to car via App - anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An example of that:

Driving down motorway there was a loud bang. I thought (wrongly) that some dashboard indicators had dimmed ... couldn't see anything else wrong, so carried on.

Got home, called support, and on the basis of my wrong info about dashboard lights dimming said "I wondered if might have been a fuse linked to dashboard display / lights"

It was middle of the night, voice sounded like they might be in America ...

I heard CLICK-CLICK-CLICK on his keyboard.

"No Sir, all your fuses are fine"

I was impressed, and that was back in 2016 ... even if VW can do that now?? I doubt they could back then ...
Tesla is so in control of our car at any point of time. which is why i can understand Elon's scare of AI 😆.

Tesla service have told me this is being caused by a "known software characteristic" that is under investigation by the engineering team and it will be resolved by a software update. No timeline on that and they suggest using sentry mode to mitigate for times when the car needs to be online. The guy also said that he is seeing a trend in MY 2023.20.9 cars having this issue, and with that they have closed the service request.

Tesla service have told me this is being caused by a "known software characteristic" that is under investigation by the engineering team and it will be resolved by a software update. No timeline on that and they suggest using sentry mode to mitigate for times when the car needs to be online. The guy also said that he is seeing a trend in MY 2023.20.9 cars having this issue, and with that they have closed the service request.
Can you access the car now, as soon as you open the app ?

Yes and no.

I suspect they have been doing something this afternoon from their side that is waking it in that I noticed from the DHCP requests log on my router that it has been connected a few times this afternoon and when Ive coincidetally tried to connect it has been awake due to what they're doing so I thought it was fixed. However, if I try to connect from the app once it has gone to sleep, it still doesn't wake it.

Yes and no.

I suspect they have been doing something this afternoon from their side that is waking it in that I noticed from the DHCP requests log on my router that it has been connected a few times this afternoon and when Ive coincidetally tried to connect it has been awake due to what they're doing so I thought it was fixed. However, if I try to connect from the app once it has gone to sleep, it still doesn't wake it.
I will try waking the vehicle up while asleep and report back

Reactions: Parrog
Classic Tesla, fobbing you off with the promise of an unknown future software update to fix your problem

Reactions: Hurricane
You sure the connection is via WiFi and not via Bluetooth?
I suspect it could be via Bluetooth.
I’m sure because on LTE the status of the car wouldn’t update at all other than saying phone key is connected. It just spins non-stop like it is loading, can’t change climate or anything. But once connected to WiFi, everything works normally.

So it happened again today once the car got hot again. Hope this isn’t a heat issue. It’s so strange thought, I can open trunk and everything else, but the car’s location and climate control won’t update. Everything seems to be functioning fine in the car when it happens as well, such as web browser and what not. Very puzzling.

Unless you’re connected via Bluetooth that seems like a different problem to the one where the app, via tesla’s servers/the network, is not waking the car to connect otherwise you wouldn’t be able open the trunk etc.

I would imagine you’ve done the soft reboot and logout/login from the app and even delete/reinstall of the app? I’m no expert but I would try those things and if no joy open a service request.

Reactions: ShibbyRomes