Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t connect to car via App - anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,
Having issues connecting to the car via app since yesterday. Phone and car reboot hasn’t resolved.

I can wake it by being in Bluetooth range and unlocking / locking via the app - but it then won’t wake up again via app once it’s gone to sleep.

Anyone else?

Same issue here overnight - car didn't charge on Intelligent Octopus as the wake command never went through. Fortunately I'm working late so didn't need an early charge. I feel like this is the third or fourth time this has happened in recent months - Tesla not able to match data capacity with all the demand from new owners? Certainly was a very rare occurrence a couple of years ago...

Reactions: Mistake Not
Same issue here overnight - car didn't charge on Intelligent Octopus as the wake command never went through. Fortunately I'm working late so didn't need an early charge. I feel like this is the third or fourth time this has happened in recent months - Tesla not able to match data capacity with all the demand from new owners? Certainly was a very rare occurrence a couple of years ago...
Could it be the large software rollout taking up capacity? If they’re pushing the Tesla Vision USS update harder than usual, it might be stretching their capacity.

It’s unfortunately becoming a common occurrence. But at least now I now know that it’s not just us.

Is it just those of us on LTE/mobile, or are Wi-Fi users affected too? A disabled wifi a few weeks back thinking that a poor connection was causing the problem, but sounds like it’s doing the same regardless.

In the past, SMS (ie text) wake-up was an occasional problem but this seems to be occurring even if car is already awake.

Reactions: Mistake Not
Hey all,
Having issues connecting to the car via app since yesterday. Phone and car reboot hasn’t resolved.

I can wake it by being in Bluetooth range and unlocking / locking via the app - but it then won’t wake up again via app once it’s gone to sleep.

Anyone else?

I had this last night. The connectivity was restored for me by cycling (switching off ... then back on) the wifi access point that the car links to when parked. I had tried repeatedly to wake the car with the app before doing that, with no success.

Thank eff for that!!

I expected it was something bigger, been problematic past 24h. Both cars, both mine and wife's iPhones with and without wifi. Conclusion it wasn't us at fault👍

Went to car, opened door and hey presto works again. I thought it might have been the cars going to deep sleep as both weren't used yesterday. Although that hasn't happened before?

Waiting for resolution soon.

Doesn't affect any driving thankfully as had comfortable 150 mile journey this morning.

Reactions: Gadgetman67
I found that after the car was awake (by opening the door), it remained awake and showed connected through the app through WiFi which allowed the charge to continue. That being said, once the car sleeps it seems the only way it can be remotely woken up again is through the SMS so if the connectivity issue is still present then once your car goes back to sleep then it's back to square one

Thought it was just me, app wouldn't connect despite force close and signing out last night. Octopus couldn't connect to the car to charge overnight. Went out to the car this morning and it unlocked fine and then I could connect via the app.

I wonder if elon was doing a twitter and not paying his suppliers eg mobile provider/cloud servers? :D