TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can anyone recommend a decent PPF detailer in the UK?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by dspwhite, Sep 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. dspwhite

dspwhite Member

Thinking of coating my Model 3 with PPF, but prices range around £3500 for the entire car.

Can anyone recommend a decent detailer in the UK, one that's cheap, but good quality?

Not sure whether to have some kind of nano-ceramic coating on top of the PPF too. Whatever means less maintenance and is easier to clean I guess for the years ahead.

2. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

I would recommend using an Xpel register installer. https://www.xpel.com/clearbra-installers/united-kingdom/

You also need to be clear what exactly is being wrapped and how. These choices may affect the price and will definitely give different levels of protection.

If in Hampshire, I can recommend Steve Baker of Paintguard UK in Waterlooville (listed as Havant).

3. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

I had mine done at Topaz Detailing near Heathrow. Very pleased with the quality of their work, and the cheapest car their car park was probably 10x the price of mine! which suggests that their work is well appreciated. (Checking their site they do have Model-3 piccies on Instagram)

I reckon those are mutually exclusive for this job. Worth avoiding excessive pricing of course, but the only "cheap" route I know is to do it yourself. Plenty of YouTubes on that ... definitely doable, and cheap, but very time consuming. That said, no reason not to do one panel at a time, so doesn't have to be all-at-once.

4. JCremonini

JCremonini Member

Topaz are probably the best in the country. Their new skin offering is just superb.

• Like x 1
  5. WannabeOwner

Do you know the name? thanks.

6. JCremonini

JCremonini Member

Topaz Skin . Effectively it’s a wrap which can be any colour you like ( as it’s painted ). Then, when you get bored you just peel it off and do it all over again. It’s expensive though.

• Like x 1
  7. WannabeOwner

Sounds like the sort of thing that some insurance companies consider a modification and won't insure ...

8. Tatoo1

Tatoo1 Member

9. WannabeOwner

Just in case of interest here's a YouTube of DIY wrap that I stumbled over some time ago.