Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone share a non-Tesla Powerwall install quote for a single unit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm discussing a Powerwall install quote with a local installer and the installer contends that Tesla's quotes are abnormally low compared to other third party installers. They are currently at $16,700 for a single unit.

Can anyone share their non-Tesla installed cost for a Powerwall installation, hopefully something relatively simple like locating it in a garage next to the solar inverter and main panel (that's my setup)?

If you don't mind sharing the breakdown from the installer (again, non-Tesla installer), that would be much appreciated also.

Thanks.

Authorized local installer in Riverside, California.

$19550

2 Powerwalls
1 Backup Gateway
Essential Loads Panel

All components installed within 10 feet of Main Panel, inside garage which is opposite side of wall where Main Panel is.

Hidden conduits within walls quoted $2K extra.

$19550 was Tesla Energy quote for TWO Powerwall 2, matched by local authorized installer that has SGIP reservation.

This contract was March 2019, installed May 2019.

Screenshot_20190517-234626_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20190517-235011_YouTube.jpg
@RoBoRaT mind sharing the contact info of the authorized local installer? I’m new to solar and wanted to get quotes. Thanks!

Albert Quiros | Solar Energy Consultant

[email protected]
Desk: 1.760.546.6039

Phone: 1.877.578.8080 | 40165 Murrieta Hot Springs Rd. | Murrieta, CA 92563 |www.bakerhomeenergy.com

Reactions: Daskid
Unofficial

10K per PW is NOT normal.

~9K for the first PW is normal, and then less for each PW following -- most all of the extra-stuff (panel upgrade, etc) is paid for by the first. All that's left after is another PW + labor + minor-extra-wiring costs.Tesla has a complete breakdown after-all.

This is how people are getting grifted, as shown in that extensive list I'd posted.

Last edited:
I got a verbal (over the phone) quote from Sunnova a few days ago. $13k for one Powerwall. They said they're at SGIP Step 4 and that's about $2,500.

They'll do a site survey after I sign a contract, so prices may still be higher if you need extra stuff like a panel upgrade.

Tesla give me a quote for 2 Powerwalls of $19k installed. When I first talked to them they said they'll only sell minimum of 2 PWs, after I told the sales rep I don't need two he said they just started selling single unit and will update the quote. I'm still waiting.

On the other hand I can get a propane/gas generator with manual transfer switches for a few circuits installed for about $3k.