Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can FSD Pull this off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lynnpt2001

Cookie Monster MX & M3
Sep 9, 2015
Greencastle PA
I drive through this intersection almost every day, I cannot see how the tesla camera can see traffic coming down the hill from the right when I am at the stop sign, and it does not have any ability to see traffic on that street prior to me getting to the stop sign. I am sure there are many other locations similar to this one with the same challenges. I would be the vehicle facing in this pic on the Mill St coming to the stop sign.

Attachments

• FSD.PNG
    FSD.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
I don’t see the problem. When near the intersection the view seems pretty unobstructed, the forward facing side camera should be able to see pretty well. Also once it starts to creep and turn the wide forward camera will get vision.
Tesla-Autopilot-Hardware.png

Reactions: themorey
Driving straight after stop. Even manually creeping it is very challenging for me to see. Unless the front camera can see 180 degrees, but actually the approaching cars from the right are slightly passed 180 degrees field of vision. I am skeptical. When i get the update we will test it