Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I add Solarcity to my Tesla account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone!

I've had Solar City Solar Panels on my roof for about a year or two, and I was wondering if there was a way to link that to my Tesla account? I have the solar city app, but since the two companies merged, did they allow this yet?

Thanks!

I am interested in this as well..I have my Tesla and solar city account on two different emails so I actually received another referral code for my Solar City setup. I changed the email address on the solar city to my Tesla account but not sure if I am suppose to see anything on MyTesla.

I have access to the app based on having a powerwall, but they told me I still need to use the My SolarCity app for the solar details. The Tesla app gives me the overall power drawn from solar. My panels aren't yet active since I'm waiting on PG&E to let me turn it on so I don't know what the SolarCity app actually does but I have that box that connects to it wirelessly I think.

They can do VIN sharing for vehicles and they can link accounts as well.

Call their support line and let them know you want to link the accounts.

That’s what I did so now I see 2 vehicles, one solar only and one Powerwall all under one account when they were purchased under two separate accounts.

I was able to solve the problem without customer support. Since the accounts are keyed off of email... I shared one account with the other. So I can see panels and Tesla on my cell while my wife only sees the Tesla since she doesn't care about the solar stats.