Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I ask some noob questions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tomorrow, I am heading down to IL to possibly take delivery of a 2015 model S. At the risk of being flamed :), can I ask some noob questions:

1) I think this vehicle has the staggered 21s, but a buddy of mine has some 19s that came off his 2015 p85d. I am assuming I can swap those out without any issue. I don't think I want 21s in Wisconsin.

2) Are there things in particular that I should pay extra close attention to during the examination of the car (i.e. are there lessons learned or things you wish would have done differently)? I know the car has two new rear tires, replaced back plates on the door handles. The current wheels have rim rash, and the skull cap on the mirror needs to be repaired.

Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Super Dude
1) yes u can swap no issues
2) since you are already aware of the cosmetic blemishes ..other than that look on the frunk (front) for any creases from closing ...this is a weak area on both S and X where u push down to close unless done a certain way it will put a crease in hood ..not sure full specs of S u are getting if u post that up

There have been many versions of a Model S checklist over the years. Here is an early one, probably meant for new cars but useful for used cars as well. this is the one i used for my (new) car delivery and may be helpful. Perhaps someone can post a link to a list specifically for used cars, or you can search on here for "checklist" under the Model S forum.

Tesla Model S Buyers', Delivery and Owners' Guide

There have been many versions of a Model S checklist over the years. Here is an early one, probably meant for new cars but useful for used cars as well. this is the one i used for my (new) car delivery and may be helpful. Perhaps someone can post a link to a list specifically for used cars, or you can search on here for "checklist" under the Model S forum.

Tesla Model S Buyers', Delivery and Owners' Guide
This is excellent, thank you.

You may want to consider a second set of snow tires for the winter, especially if your buddy is giving you the rims. I bought my S from Wisconsin and it came with both 21 summers and 19 winters. Other than that, check for creaks in the steering and the suspension; common among Teslas in general. Make a list of everything that you think is wrong and get it fixed before the warranty runs out. Otherwise $$$$$$$$$$. My .02 And enjoy!

Purchasing from a third party or Tesla Sales Center. If third party, dealer or individual?

If third party you need to think about some obvious things like clear title? warranty transference? supercharging working?

Either way, do you know the car's damage and service history?

If the previous owner hasn't purchased EAP, is the option still available?