Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I get an OLEV grant for a charger at a different address?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

My block of flats has electric charging partially installed (long story!) so I am wondering if instead of trying to apply to OLEV for a grant on that installation whether I could instead apply for a charger at my parents house which is where my range anxiety is anyway?!

I've read the guidance which is quite clear about living in the UK, and that you must be the registered keeper but isn't so clear on whether the property must be mine...

Has anyone done anything similar?

Thanks.

Yep, as I did that since the flat we were living in 2015 had no place for a charger but a Chargemaster charger was included when i took delivery of a Zoe so arranged to install the charger at a friends house about 10 miles away. There need some paperwork being done as my friend who owned the house needed to give permission but when all paperwork was done Chargemaster installed and tested the charger. All good

Yep, as I did that since the flat we were living in 2015 had no place for a charger but a Chargemaster charger was included when i took delivery of a Zoe so arranged to install the charger at a friends house about 10 miles away. There need some paperwork being done as my friend who owned the house needed to give permission but when all paperwork was done Chargemaster installed and tested the charger. All good
Oh wow ok. I had sort of given up hope. I’ll do some research tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know!

I'm not sure this would've involved the OLEV grant? As far as I'm aware the OLEV grant scheme was introduced in 2016.

Your house only. https://assets.publishing.service.g.../772404/evhs-guidance-for-customers-v-2.3.pdf

You have to sign this declaration as part of the application: "The address specified in Part A is a residential address and is owned or rented by me. Where I rent the property, I have consent from the landlord for a domestic recharging unit to be installed."

Nothing about sole property you own or rent. Nothing about whole of the property. It looks lke a peppercorn rent frona standard downloaded rental agreement for the occassional use of a room covers it. Will Mum and dad rent you your old room for 1p a month to use for stay-overs as you feel the need?