Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can jump seat liftgate switch close liftgate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, I've retrofitted my car with the jump seats. And I just got the power liftgate switch from Ebay installed. It can only open the liftgate, not close it.
Can anyone with the factory installed jump seats tell me if that's normal or factory switch can both open & close the liftgate?
Thanks

Hi red97tj

Yes, the switch can close the close the liftgate. I retrofitted the jumpseats including the switch myself and it worked plug and play. I went with the original switch purchased from Tesla.

Ok thanks for the info. I guess the MB switch I got is not exact the same as the Tesla switch then. It can only open.
What year is your car?

Quick update. I finally got that Tesla switch from Tesla themselves (it was on backorder). The Tesla switch does indeed opens & closed.
Attached are pics of the MB (shown on left side) & Tesla switch.
20200511_133859.jpg

20200511_133839.jpg

20200511_133443.jpg

You can see the MB switch has 4 pins unlike the Tesla only has 3 pins. So the MB liftgate switch is not a direct replacement switch like the window switch.
And a quick shout out to the service ranger last week. He came to swap out my passenger window switch since it didn't express closed the window. I asked about my back ordered liftgate switch. He called back to SC & confirmed it was in. Then he picked it up & delivered it to my house later in the day. Now that's service!

Reactions: TESLER2013
Can anyone with the factory installed jump seats tell me if that's normal or factory switch can both open & close the liftgate?

Tesla has 2 different switches that can be used in this location, one for non-power liftgates that has 2 positions (neutral, open) and one for power liftgates that has 3 positions (neutral, open, close).

The non-power liftgate switch is Tesla part number 1008173-00-A. The power liftgate switch is Tesla part number 6008902-00-A.