Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Tesla knock CA EV Rebate amount off of purchase price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I would not expect any new orders to be delivered by 12/3. That is less than 3 weeks from now.
Yes, but that is not what I meant. I am referring to OCR1’s comment “I’d be willing to bet that we will see S/X deliveries to California prior to 12/3, and most likely Model 3 deliveries as well.”. I think Tesla should deliver the vehicles based on the ordered time to be fair to all the buyers.

. I think Tesla should deliver the vehicles based on the ordered time to be fair to all the buyers.
Lol.

They don’t, and never have. Why on earth should Tesla deliver a Model 3 before a Model S just because someone ordered first?

What about relative demand? There is a weeks-long backlog of model 3 production, certainly not so for S/X. As it is now, your geographic location and order proximity to end of quarter has much more influence on when you get your car vs. order date. That’s just the way it is.

Reactions: CaptainSlooow
Lol.

They don’t, and never have. Why on earth should Tesla deliver a Model 3 before a Model S just because someone ordered first?

What about relative demand? There is a weeks-long backlog of model 3 production, certainly not so for S/X. As it is now, your geographic location and order proximity to end of quarter has much more influence on when you get your car vs. order date. That’s just the way it is.
Lol, you sound like you know how Tesla runs very well.

• Disagree
Reactions: CaptainSlooow
Tesla does not guarantee anyone they will get a rebate/refund. Just mentions that at this time they are available, but you should check on any details that will make you perhaps not eligible. Could be that the govt. changes their policy, that your income make your ineligible, or that your specific vehicle will not be delivered in time or may not qualify due to price etc.

Some cars will be delivered in time, others will not meet the recently changed deadline.

In the past, Tesla has guranteed that people ordering by a certain date would receive a refund from Tesla if their cars were not delivered in time. Those people delivered after the EOY, but before a certain deadline, did indeed get checks from Tesla. This was an incentive to get as many orders in as possible for EOY deliveries.

As far as I know Tesla has not offered that incentive again this year. Sales have been strong and they are delivering all they can make. Hard to justify a refund in this specific case...but you never know.

Elon is well aware of the mass of people wanting their cars delivered by Dec 3 and EOY, Imagine that they will be working all hands on deck as we get closer to those deadlines.

Reactions: manofskillz
My thoughts:
1) While Tesla is under no obligation to make adjustments based on California making changes, it is their fault that us Californians are getting pushed to 2-3rd weeks for delivery. ONce they learned of the 12/3 change, they COULD have made adjustments.
2) To those whining for the $60,000 MSRP, it is trivial to fix. The only way you get over $60,000 is to buy full self-driving. Just delete from your order, it will put you under $60,000. You can then buy it post -delivery