Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can the accelerator pedal be lubricated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says can the pivot point of the accelerator be lubricated? Mine feels a bit notchy and rough. It’s not sticking but feels like it just needs some grease. I assume there is a spring in there which could be accessed if disconnected from the electric connection and the pedal assembly removed.

Anyone know?

I'm on the same boat as the OP, my 2020 has developed a slightly sticky pedal over the course of the last year or so. It tends to want to stick in any given position I set it to. It's pretty obvious, since I also drive a 2021 regularly. Any recommendations?

As the title says can the pivot point of the accelerator be lubricated? Mine feels a bit notchy and rough. It’s not sticking but feels like it just needs some grease. I assume there is a spring in there which could be accessed if disconnected from the electric connection and the pedal assembly removed.

Anyone know?

Presumably you sorted yours? @cappo3 has reignited this thread so it would be interesting to know how you got on.

So I kind of gave up on this thread after the first silly response and took it upon myself to find a way to dismantle it. It’s super easy and essentially there is a spring in there that can be regreased. A tip that also worked for others is to fully press the accelerator pedal to the floor a few times when the car is off to work the grease around the small housing. This worked for me.

So I kind of gave up on this thread after the first silly response and took it upon myself to find a way to dismantle it. It’s super easy and essentially there is a spring in there that can be regreased. A tip that also worked for others is to fully press the accelerator pedal to the floor a few times when the car is off to work the grease around the small housing. This worked for me.
Thank you for coming back to the thread! I'll give this a try tomorrow, fresh grease and some flooring. Did you need any tools to take the thing apart?

Do you have any advice on disassembly and lubrication?