Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can we chat about the new Volvo EX90 SUV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m surprised to not already find a thread on this all-electric SUV unveiled this past week.

- 300 mile range
- dual motor
- 3 rows
- 5 second or so acceleration
- around $80k
- all kinds of Volvo safety stuff
- 400V architecture
- V2H, V2V, V2G
- 2024 delivery

So…pretty much like every other EV coming out, lol. But it looks good, if not like an XC90 made somewhat generic looking. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 25304E30-F30C-454C-BA30-E4FAB6765E7A.jpeg
    25304E30-F30C-454C-BA30-E4FAB6765E7A.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 7372EF25-27F3-4C60-861F-41D5530012B4.jpeg
    7372EF25-27F3-4C60-861F-41D5530012B4.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 5F9E52F1-BAF6-4F01-8A80-B73FD10AEADE.jpeg
    5F9E52F1-BAF6-4F01-8A80-B73FD10AEADE.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 90E4BB7D-1382-48FB-B91A-7C5A96029700.jpeg
    90E4BB7D-1382-48FB-B91A-7C5A96029700.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: cusetownusa
Thoughts?

My first thought is "just like every other EV that is supposedly coming out in the next couple of years, I will need to see them shipping, at volume, before I consider it an actual vehicle".

(this goes for tesla roadster 2.0 and tesla cybertruck, as well as every other EV that is "announced" but either not shipping to more than a couple thousand people for a year, or not available for the next 1.5+ years)

I really like the looks of this one. The 300 mile range is a big plus over many other EV's.

Not sure the CCS charge network is every going to be as good as the supercharge network, but maybe. We can hope.

Buying a car from someone other than Elon Musk would be a big plus for me however. :)

Reactions: Dennisis and katie3
My first thought is "just like every other EV that is supposedly coming out in the next couple of years, I will need to see them shipping, at volume, before I consider it an actual vehicle".

(this goes for tesla roadster 2.0 and tesla cybertruck, as well as every other EV that is "announced" but either not shipping to more than a couple thousand people for a year, or not available for the next 1.5+ years)

I agree. Also it is a stretch to call these smaller vehicles SUVs, but I guess they are, just on the smaller size.

But sure, if you are looking for this form factor, put in a reservation now since supplies will be limited!

I agree, but Polestar has been doing their thing for more than a minute. This isn’t like GM, lol.

I agree, but Polestar has been doing their thing for more than a minute. This isn’t like GM, lol.

Yes, but the car doesnt exist, and wont for at least a year and half. Thus, I dont consider it a vehicle until it actually exists, and I dont count press releases, or announcements of "coming soon" as "Existing".

As I also mentioned, this means I dont consider the "tesla cybertruck" nor the "tesla roadster 2.0" as real vehicles either, even though tesla has been making vehicles for a decent amount of time at this point.

Im not into window shopping something that might or might not exist in 1.5 to 2 years. I get other people might be into that, but I certainly am not.

I think the polestar 2.0 thats shipping now is a decent vehicle though, but I wouldnt buy one over a model 3, even though I think its put together better from an assembly standpoint.

Reactions: katie3
Here in Norway this will be a big seller. I am happy they didn't make this an iX/Polestar 3/e-tron hatchback with big rear space but small boot.

-More equipment (digital matrix, 360, massage, framed doors, lidar, HUD, B&W stereo ) and more luxury than Model X.

-Much cheaper than iX and Model X in top spec with cheaper versions to come (apprx €20.000,-)

-Much cheaper than EQS Suv. (Apprx €30.000,-)

- more space than ID.4, iX, e-tron.

PS: X LR facelift not yet for sale in EU, some say they will get a X Plaid in December. Time will show.

Reactions: henderrj
Yes, but the car doesnt exist, and wont for at least a year and half. Thus, I dont consider it a vehicle until it actually exists, and I dont count press releases, or announcements of "coming soon" as "Existing".

As I also mentioned, this means I dont consider the "tesla cybertruck" nor the "tesla roadster 2.0" as real vehicles either, even though tesla has been making vehicles for a decent amount of time at this point.

Im not into window shopping something that might or might not exist in 1.5 to 2 years. I get other people might be into that, but I certainly am not.

I think the polestar 2.0 thats shipping now is a decent vehicle though, but I wouldnt buy one over a model 3, even though I think its put together better from an assembly standpoint.
@jjrandorin Your apostrophe key appears to be broken, except when holding Shift. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: jjrandorin
One key thing missing from those specs is fast-charging speed (which also includes efficiency).
Charging has been one of the biggest weaknesses of the Chinese manufacturers so far.
Yes they are a little vague on that one. I did find this in the FAQ on the Volvo EX90 web site.

Which is the fastest way to charge my fully electric Volvo EX90 on long journeys?

You will find the fastest charging at a DC fast-charging station along the route. To charge as fast as possible, we recommend you to limit the car's charging level to 80 per cent. This helps keep your charging times short because the last 20 per cent of charging takes the longest time. So charging the battery from 10 to 80 per cent at a 250kW DC fast-charger can be 30 minutes.