Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can we see/navigate to the address of a contact?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't appear that I/we can navigate to the address of a contact from my phone (w/Android 7 if that matters). We can navigate to the location of a calendar entry, but I don't seem to be able to even display the address of a contact. Am I missing something, or are addresses for contacts (from my phone) not even sync'ed or available to the Tesla? Perhaps I did something wrong in my initial phone setup.

I did try searching on this but didn't find anything. I assumed this would "just work" so I'm surprised. It feels like I must be missing something simple or obvious.

It doesn't appear that I/we can navigate to the address of a contact from my phone (w/Android 7 if that matters). We can navigate to the location of a calendar entry, but I don't seem to be able to even display the address of a contact. Am I missing something, or are addresses for contacts (from my phone) not even sync'ed or available to the Tesla? Perhaps I did something wrong in my initial phone setup.

I did try searching on this but didn't find anything. I assumed this would "just work" so I'm surprised. It feels like I must be missing something simple or obvious.
Yes. See this thread for details. Can you send an address to your nav without using the calendar?

• Helpful
Reactions: carteriii
Not to hijack this thread (seems like it's been answered), but it would be truly helpful if the Navigation search also searched your Favourites. Right now, it doesn't seem possible to search your Favourites. Has anyone figured this out?

I've also tried selecting the Favourites tab prior to searching, and it never returns anything from my Favourites.

In an attempt to put a nice bow on this thread, I did download the "Bluetooth Phonebook" app for Android (Bluetooth Phonebook - Android Apps on Google Play) which was referenced in the other thread and it solved the issue.

I was fearful that I might have to disconnect or re-sync my phone but that was not the case. I started by simply installing the trial version then sat in my Tesla and all contact addresses appeared. I uninstalled the test version, bought the full version, and all contact addresses still appeared. For less than $2, it "just worked". Thanks @thimel for your response.