Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any Canadian VINs yet? New orders are showing Dec-Mar for the Plaid S now. I hope that isn't indicative of a delay for current orders as well.
Nothing yet as far as I know. My SA told me September at the earliest. I think it will come down to colour and config as well. I’m 1143 - Red/ex-Plaid+/CF/White Interior/21 and 1145 Blue/Plaid/CF/White Interior/21… I’m intending to go with whatever comes first. My Model X is showing as October and my SA also said end of Q1 2022 for that at the earliest.

To be honest though, I would have bought an interim car if I’d know that the delivery estimate was a joke and I’m super p’d off with Tesla for inconveniencing me in this way… they shouldn’t have baited and switched us on the delivery dates. I’m watching Rivian‘s deliveries closely now and may part ways with Tesla.

Unfortunately in this scenario we have to speak with our dollars.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus
Nothing yet as far as I know. My SA told me September at the earliest. I think it will come down to colour and config as well. I’m 1143 - Red/ex-Plaid+/CF/White Interior/21 and 1145 Blue/Plaid/CF/White Interior/21… I’m intending to go with whatever comes first. My Model X is showing as October and my SA also said end of Q1 2022 for that at the earliest.

To be honest though, I would have bought an interim car if I’d know that the delivery estimate was a joke and I’m super p’d off with Tesla for inconveniencing me in this way… they shouldn’t have baited and switched us on the delivery dates. I’m watching Rivian‘s deliveries closely now and may part ways with Tesla.

Unfortunately in this scenario we have to speak with our dollars.
Gosh you wonder what SA's actually know or if they are guessing like everyone else. If you have an RN of 1143 and the SA says September at the earliest AND IT IS TRUE.....then we are in a much bigger delay issue than we may think. With the new lead times of LR of February March if you order today, one wonders if the date gap between Sep-Oct which it said two days ago and now Feb-Mar is because production slots are filled, or they are now building cars for other non North American markets or they have a technical issue that is pushing ALL deliveries. It really is a guessing game. For fun I am going to ping my SA....

Gosh you wonder what SA's actually know or if they are guessing like everyone else. If you have an RN of 1143 and the SA says September at the earliest AND IT IS TRUE.....then we are in a much bigger delay issue than we may think. With the new lead times of LR of February March if you order today, one wonders if the date gap between Sep-Oct which it said two days ago and now Feb-Mar is because production slots are filled, or they are now building cars for other non North American markets or they have a technical issue that is pushing ALL deliveries. It really is a guessing game. For fun I am going to ping my SA....
i pinged my SA in Kitchener silence nada nothing coming from them yet. Let me know what they tell you.

Reactions: Proppilot
If it is Tim I got an out of office until Friday and will share what I hear. He is pretty good at responding.
Good news just received this

1627499381730.png

For the first time in over a month, I’ve now lost the “August” EDD. We’ll see if this is good news or not soon I guess.
I did speak to SA yesterday who didn’t think the new timeline would effect me and thinks I should still expect sometime in the next month or so.
Fingers crossed Canada is about to see a mass influx and we all see our cars soon!

For the first time in over a month, I’ve now lost the “August” EDD. We’ll see if this is good news or not soon I guess.
I did speak to SA yesterday who didn’t think the new timeline would effect me and thinks I should still expect sometime in the next month or so.
Fingers crossed Canada is about to see a mass influx and we all see our cars soon!
Lost my August estimate this AM as well.

I bet it means my car will be here in 2 weeks… 😂

Sameting this morning... lost als9 my August! Good or bad news ? We will all know soon 🤔

Reactions: Bitjockey
Lost my August EDD on July 23, now blank. Pinged my SA at Sherway Gardens yesterday, if I hear anything from them I will share here. :confused:
I had a September-Oct EDD, now disappeared like everybody else. Called my SA (Laval, Quebec) and she mentioned that all deliveries were pretty much pushed to December. She was expecting a major influx in December. (RN1151, LR, Red).

If this is true, December is not a good month for Canadians. Tesla may want to meet end of year numbers and its a lot easier to meet those sales numbers by delivering car close (California) then up north. It wouldn't be the first time...

You heard wrong!
Seems unlikely. S/X are Tesla’s vehicles with the largest profit margin. Yes, Tesla’s long term goal for viability is high volume low margin cars, but they’re not going to give up the high end of the market just yet.

Plus, Tesla is a business. If they have demand for a product with a large profit margin, they are going to move it - if they can. What rationale could there possibly be for deliberately slowing production to piss people off and go for other options (Rivian, Porsche etc)? Don’t buy the “deliberate slow down” idea. They also aren’t going to send S/X customers to a 3/Y by doing that. Different clientele completely.

I think it’s a safe bet that all of us losing DD is not good, almost certainly does not mean a slew of VINs are about to appear as some have hoped.

I’m trying to wrap my head around a Q4 expectation at this point…

Reactions: Jons1234
Seems unlikely. S/X are Tesla’s vehicles with the largest profit margin. Yes, Tesla’s long term goal for viability is high volume low margin cars, but they’re not going to give up the high end of the market just yet.

Plus, Tesla is a business. If they have demand for a product with a large profit margin, they are going to move it - if they can. What rationale could there possibly be for deliberately slowing production to piss people off and go for other options (Rivian, Porsche etc)? Don’t buy the “deliberate slow down” idea. They also aren’t going to send S/X customers to a 3/Y by doing that. Different clientele completely.

I think it’s a safe bet that all of us losing DD is not good, almost certainly does not mean a slew of VINs are about to appear as some have hoped.

I’m trying to wrap my head around a Q4 expectation at this point…
My Sales Advisor is subtly messaging Q4 now as they haven’t heard anything at all. It will suck to pay the new Ontario car tax for for my new S and X.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Lost my August EDD on July 23, now blank. Pinged my SA at Sherway Gardens yesterday, if I hear anything from them I will share here. :confused:
Nothing yet from Sherway, but when at Oakville today to pick up my wife's Y, asked the delivery person if they knew anything. They told me they don't know when any Refresh-Model-Ss will be delivered, but the head Tesla Canada person has made HQ aware of our new luxury tax as of January, not sure if that matters much to them.

• Informative
Reactions: Aleks0404
Nothing yet from Sherway, but when at Oakville today to pick up my wife's Y, asked the delivery person if they knew anything. They told me they don't know when any Refresh-Model-Ss will be delivered, but the head Tesla Canada person has made HQ aware of our new luxury tax as of January, not sure if that matters much to them.
I'm pretty sure that the luxury tax was removed for the final budget approved. I can't see any evidence that it is going forward.