Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like others here, I finally got my VIN last week, with EDD range of Nov 2 -10, just a week from now at the earliest.

Wondering what the typical notice people are seeing to schedule their delivery appointment? I emailed Vaughan (my pickup location) yesterday morning, also put myself in their call back queue, and so far, crickets. It would be good to get some heads up so I can schedule PPF, winter tire install, etc. 🤔

This morning tried to get my 2015 S85D safety inspected at Kal Tire in preparation for private sale, was told my rotors were scored and needed replacement in order to pass. That's scheduled Nov 8 at Vaughan, who knows, instead of a loaner I'll get my new S. 🤞
i just got the SMS and Email to select the delivery date and time.

1635263053248.png

Hey All, got my MS on Saturday. Very happy with it and all that I expected and more. The Yoke is a non issue with me. First couple of turns when the steering wants to spin back on its own was a little concerning but I really like the feel. The signals and buttons on the yoke are all about muscle memory and we (I) will get used to it.

Although it was many years ago, I am pretty sure I had the same anxiety first time I made a right or left turn. :p

My SA messaged me to say my EDD has moved to Dec-Jan (from Nov-Dec), although my account page still has to reflect this.

The SA is aware of my desire to get the vehicle before Dec 31 due to the potential lux tax. He said if the car isn’t here by mid December, we can sign the paperwork so everything is papered before Dec 31 and vehicle delivery can be in Jan. Not sure if that means payments start before the car comes in or if it precludes me from refusing delivery if there are egregious quality issues.

Any thoughts on signing paperwork weeks in advance of vehicle delivery?

My SA messaged me to say my EDD has moved to Dec-Jan (from Nov-Dec), although my account page still has to reflect this.

The SA is aware of my desire to get the vehicle before Dec 31 due to the potential lux tax. He said if the car isn’t here by mid December, we can sign the paperwork so everything is papered before Dec 31 and vehicle delivery can be in Jan. Not sure if that means payments start before the car comes in or if it precludes me from refusing delivery if there are egregious quality issues.

Any thoughts on signing paperwork weeks in advance of vehicle delivery?
Pretty sure this can only be done if you have an assigned VIN, meaning you’re only a couple weeks from your delivery date.

I also haven’t made any changes and just got pushed from January 20-February 16 to March 2-30. I’d previously been pushed twice already. My original EDD was either later October or early November. I ordered in June.
That sucks! I need a car right away as I sold mine and now I’m using Uber or borrowing my sons car! Hope we all get our cars before end on 2021