Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CANADA Version 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 2.13.77 and SUMMON with the Apple Watch Remote S app doesn't work for non-US car! My goal was to see if I still need to continue pressing the Forward/Reverse button during the SUMMONING...I'll test it later when the guy will find the API for SUMMON for non-US car! The Tesla App works correctly but only on LTE (Tesla) on my case because my WIFI signal is bad at the end of my driveway so the car stop right away!

Ever since 7 was released, I've noticed that my car's screen lags badly whenever the navigation map is displayed. It causes interesting effects like: turn signals going quiet, and then brapping out all the missing clicks quickly... laggy display operation, GPS instructions arriving after the turn in question, that sort of thing.

I'm wondering if maybe they've increased the processor speed on newer screens, and haven't tested the software adequately on older hardware. Anyone else seeing this?

Yup, same here.

I read there's a known bug on 7.1 with the nav history. Like if you have lots of waypoints in your nav history, it runs slower. I deleted all my nav history and it did run faster, but now that I think about it, it's running slow again since I have added maybe 50 destinations in the nav system.

Just got 2.13.77 over the air. Summon enabled but only works with the app.
Kind of useless here as you have to be within fob distance of the car, we get poor cell service and wifi doesn't work well in the garage.
After multiple tries go it to back out but it wouldn't come back in as kept disconnecting.
That's the way it is everywhere but in the US, as far as I can see; it's certainly true of the EU (which includes the UK but only until June 23, I hope). I improved wifi in my garage by installing a TP-Link wifi-over-the mains device - in the UK it's TL-WPA4220KIT. Very small, works a treat.

Summon is nice in theory but in reality it's a pain with the current setup. My garage is right on the cut off distance of my wifi so the car cycles between LTE and wifi all the time. Makes for lots of disconnects during garage parking attempts.

Summon seems extremely sensitive to obstructions. I've had it stop/fail because of the slight lip where my otherwise flat driveway meets the concrete floor of the garage.
I'm not sure how it would work in the snow, but interesting idea
Were you patient - when the car stopped, did you keep touching the button (and cajoling the car to go on)? I ask because I have a small hump, followed by a dip, followed by a hump, then a dip and finally quite a steep slope up; the car paused in each of the dips but I kept pressing and talking to her nicely (she's called Tallulah) and she obviously wanted to please me because she rolled on up the slope (and came back down and in later). In fact, I think she learnt what to do - she seemed better at it the second time.

Thanks Stefan. Was it easy to set up? I have been considering Dlink as I already have one that uses the house wiring.
That's what I use (see above) and it works well in the garage.

- - - Updated - - -

Summon is nice in theory but in reality it's a pain with the current setup. My garage is right on the cut off distance of my wifi so the car cycles between LTE and wifi all the time. Makes for lots of disconnects during garage parking attempts.
I've found it works better with the cell-phone system than with wifi; even if you start within wifi range, it's easy to get outside that if you follow the car out of the garage. And, of course, if you want to use Summon away from home - a tight parking-slot, for instance - you can use only the cell-phone system.