Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CANADA Version 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you have to enable it (Summon) before in the car settings and after that the iPhone App will be able to Summon...
aha, you're right. I had enabled it but then disabled it again while poking around in the car's settings. Enabled again and I now see the Summon button in the app.

afraid to try it though with my very tight garage. I notice the min bumper clearance setting is 20cm - but I need to park closer than that to the front wall to be able to close the garage door. plus I'm a bit nervous about the tight side clearance... anyhow good to see they've finally enabled it here in Canada

I've noticed there is a delay from lifting off the button in the mobile app until the car breaks. However, stopping the car by pressing a key fob button is instantaneous. Is it because I have a weak wifi signal in my garage?

If my experience is typical, be sure to have your hand on your key fob as well!

Wonder if us Canadians will get the updated summon (autopark and using the key fob to summon). Right now we're stuck with using the mobile app online. I believe in the US they get to choose not to have to hold down the app button which unlocks more options for summon.
Someone quoted Tesla as saying we get "extra restrictions", so this is what we get. We will not be getting the other version as it pre-dates the version we have, and was specifically not given to us, so it's pretty obvious they don't plan to let us do it that way.

That said, Summon is currently just a parlour trick anyway with no real use, it doesn't in any way satisfy the promises that Tesla made about it at the D event. (not that much of what they said at that event has turned out to be true...)

Someone quoted Tesla as saying we get "extra restrictions", so this is what we get. We will not be getting the other version as it pre-dates the version we have, and was specifically not given to us, so it's pretty obvious they don't plan to let us do it that way.

That said, Summon is currently just a parlour trick anyway with no real use, it doesn't in any way satisfy the promises that Tesla made about it at the D event. (not that much of what they said at that event has turned out to be true...)

Yet

The bad part is that without a cell phone the summon will not work. I was hoping that the double-press on the stalk's park button will initiate the auto parking into the garage after I get out of the car. My understanding is that US has it. This feature will be useful for someone with a detached garage.

Sigh, the phone also seems to need to have accurate GPS, as I tried this from my iPod yesterday (which relies on WiFi for location services) and it refused to work. Not exactly sure what's "extra safe" about this scheme which just promises to be laggy and finicky so I'm barely curious to even try it out anymore.

Then again if the keyfob forward summon is triggered by holding down the middle keyfob button, then perhaps there is an accidental trigger concern -- was that not the exact same action that used to trigger all windows down (and was removed as people were accidentally triggering it and blaming Tesla Motors) ?

Sigh, the phone also seems to need to have accurate GPS, as I tried this from my iPod yesterday (which relies on WiFi for location services) and it refused to work. Not exactly sure what's "extra safe" about this scheme which just promises to be laggy and finicky so I'm barely curious to even try it out anymore.

Then again if the keyfob forward summon is triggered by holding down the middle keyfob button, then perhaps there is an accidental trigger concern -- was that not the exact same action that used to trigger all windows down (and was removed as people were accidentally triggering it and blaming Tesla Motors) ?
Yes, If they only allow double pressing the stalk parking button to initiate auto park into the detached garage (after the driver exit the car), I will be happy.

Last edited:
Ever since 7 was released, I've noticed that my car's screen lags badly whenever the navigation map is displayed. It causes interesting effects like: turn signals going quiet, and then brapping out all the missing clicks quickly... laggy display operation, GPS instructions arriving after the turn in question, that sort of thing.

I'm wondering if maybe they've increased the processor speed on newer screens, and haven't tested the software adequately on older hardware. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm sure it wouldn't help in this case, as you chose to use an iPad. But if you have an iPhone and you link them by Bluetooth. The iPad uses the iPhones GPS signal.

Just got 2.13.77 over the air. Summon enabled but only works with the app.
Kind of useless here as you have to be within fob distance of the car, we get poor cell service and wifi doesn't work well in the garage.
After multiple tries go it to back out but it wouldn't come back in as kept disconnecting.