Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada. World Leader. Who knew ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Change will come. And not to be all Toronto-centric but the dense big cities need the fresher air sooner... remember Toronto's most popular nickname used to be "the big smoke" and smog alerts and yellow / brown air used to be the norm throughout our muggy summers. But things in Toronto have dramatically improved in my lifetime, as we focused on reducing pollution especially from passenger vehicles.

In fact now that gasoline cars as so much more efficient (eg. my last gas car's Carbon Monoxide emissions were zero) my biggest concern for fresh air is from diesel vehicles. Plumes of diesel smoke are literally made of disgusting carcinogenic filth.

Change will come. And not to be all Toronto-centric but the dense big cities need the fresher air sooner... remember Toronto's most popular nickname used to be "the big smoke" and smog alerts and yellow / brown air used to be the norm throughout our muggy summers. But things in Toronto have dramatically improved in my lifetime, as we focused on reducing pollution especially from passenger vehicles.

In fact now that gasoline cars as so much more efficient (eg. my last gas car's Carbon Monoxide emissions were zero) my biggest concern for fresh air is from diesel vehicles. Plumes of diesel smoke are literally made of disgusting carcinogenic filth.

I thought it was "hog town" - especially since the slaughter house was up around the junction. Now it's all gone - replaced with townhouses and big box stores. ;)

The cleanliness of air in Toronto certainly has improved although lots left to be desired. The virtual elimination of drive clean I think has had a negative impact in that there are more cars and trucks blowing out more dirty emissions. EVs help, but until they are mainstream the contribution is minimum. Hopefully, the Model 3 will generate the interest to start that change in earnest because certainly the other manufacturers haven't.

There is no mystery why Toronto air is cleaner.
Nanticoke Generating Station - Wikipedia

Coal phase-out improved Ontario’s air quality - Policy Options

Fifty-three to zero: this is the number of smog days in Ontario in 2005 compared with the number in 2014. Ontario had the better part of two full months of smog days in 2005, and none in 2014. It is undeniable that Ontario has seen pollution reduction and an improvement in air quality since phasing out coal-fired power plants

Reactions: RiverBrick