Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Buyers: Federal rebate coming April 1st, 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Click the link in the first post, it’s a globe and mail link bypassing their paywal. Like I mentioned, we will know for sure after the budget is announced.

If you have a subscription to globe and mail digital, google for it and you will see it.

I read that link and also stories in two or three other outlets and I didn't see April 1st or any other date mentioned.

They would have to make it soon, though, since EV sales will stop cold pending the start date.
I just got a delivery date of March 26. I’d have to assume that if the rebate requires delivery after April that Tesla have to delay deliveries lest they get a lot of cars returned and reordered.

I submit to you, that if this was true as of the time of writing, it'll be dropped by the time the budget comes out. There'll be riots in the streets in Alberta if the Liberals came out with an EV rebate.

I submit to you, that if this was true as of the time of writing, it'll be dropped by the time the budget comes out. There'll be riots in the streets in Alberta if the Liberals came out with an EV rebate.

The feds have already acknowledged they will be implementing the recommendations, to phase out all ICE vehicles sales in Canada by 2040. Just like is already happening with coal burning power plants in Canada, it will take place over time.
Fortunately that wonderful Alberta crude can go into many other things, like fertilizer, plastics,and other chemicals. The days of gasoline appear to be numbered. Even those big pickup trucks Albertans love, are going electric.

Reactions: tiggerlu