Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian CHAdeMO charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried out the Chademo last night- not bad. I got 68km (10.7kWh) in 17 minutes. Not quite supercharging, but much better than Level 2.

My only complaint was that it was a BC Hydro machine with CCS and Chademo - and a Volt was using the CCS and I had to sit and wait for him to finish despite an empty Chademo slot. Only one at a time for those machines, and they only installed 1 machine and Grandview Superstore in Vancouver, which is one of the busiest stores in the city.

That is more the fault of BC Hydro than the Chademo spec. It was free though!

Tried out the Chademo last night- not bad. I got 68km (10.7kWh) in 17 minutes. Not quite supercharging, but much better than Level 2.

My only complaint was that it was a BC Hydro machine with CCS and Chademo - and a Volt was using the CCS and I had to sit and wait for him to finish despite an empty Chademo slot. Only one at a time for those machines, and they only installed 1 machine and Grandview Superstore in Vancouver, which is one of the busiest stores in the city.

That is more the fault of BC Hydro than the Chademo spec. It was free though!

Although only one can charge at a time, you can plug in and activate using the RFcard and when the other car is finished or leaves your charging starts automatically. On the app turn "start" notifications on. It will let you know when starting to charge. At least then you can go and do your shopping, eating, or a walk.

Although only one can charge at a time, you can plug in and activate using the RFcard and when the other car is finished or leaves your charging starts automatically. On the app turn "start" notifications on. It will let you know when starting to charge. At least then you can go and do your shopping, eating, or a walk.

Seems ambitious to complete those installations in less than five months from being awarded the contract. It takes almost that long for permitting and for the ground to thaw in some places. We'll see.
This must be a supply of equipment, only. Graybar, Rexel, and Guillevin are distributors - not installers. ABB, Siemens, and Flo are manufacturers - must be bidding directly.

Reactions: RiverBrick
A Circuit Électrique fast charger just opened at the Couche Tard in Côte-des-Neiges. As @RiverBrick predicted, it took almost 6 months to activate. The photo below is from the day I discovered it in January. I haven’t seen it since the beginning of this pandemic ****storm.
AF9E0BF6-2819-4213-8E24-501B443DFC26.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Michelx
There are more CCS in Quebec than in all the other provinces combined. However, Electrify Canada, which is 90% CCS, started their deployment in Ontario and in BC. Now, construction has finally started on a location in Mirabel, QC. (With one CHAdeMO plug for inclusion in this discussion.)

Premium Outlets.
Electrify also says there are ones “coming soon” to Drummondville and Trois-Rivieres. Are they under construction as well?

Has anyone heard anything about the schedule for the remaining Canadian Tire installations, or any more Petro-Can chargers? I assume Covid mucked up the original plans, but everything seem to be a bit more active now so I assume we should see/hear something?

Has anyone heard anything about the schedule for the remaining Canadian Tire installations, or any more Petro-Can chargers? I assume Covid mucked up the original plans, but everything seem to be a bit more active now so I assume we should see/hear something?

No. And the Can tire app (Electrify Canada) doesn’t show anything other than coming soon for locations not yet on line.

Petro Canada seems to get them up pretty quick. And there are two Chademos per site. Cool.