Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian CHAdeMO charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by Power Stream off Hwy 400 today to charge à la Chademo. The cable was missing.

That's one of the bigger problems. Insufficient charging stations are not just too low in power or too few in number, but not working at all. Recently, all the SChs in Knoxville TN were out. (That's an even bigger problem---large numbers of SChs (not necessarily all in one place) not working.) If I had been driving from Atlanta, I would have been out of luck.

Stopped by Power Stream off Hwy 400 today to charge à la Chademo. The cable was missing.

That's one of the bigger problems. Insufficient charging stations are not just too low in power or too few in number, but not working at all..

That's not good, Paul. PowerStream put this station in out of their own pocket as a goodwill gesture, so I suppose we cannot hold them to any particular level of service, but the same should not be said of the new EVCO program stations that are starting to go in.Those are taxpayer-funded with performance expectations.

I was at the Lawrence Ave. Supercharger last week, and while I did get a spot, there were two stalls out of service.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: GSP and Falkirk
This program to pay 50% of expenses for up to 70 CHAdeMO/CCS in Canada has previously been mentioned in the thread.
(Unfortunately, more than 2/3 of the program's funds are allotted to natural gas and hydrogen stations).

About this Initiative | Natural Resources Canada

Since applications for the funds were to have been processed by the end of the Summer, I asked for a list of where the stations will be going. However, they're not saying, at least not until the Minister has a chance to grandstand during a formal announcement.

Was there last Friday afternoon and both cables were in place. I was successfully CHAdeMO charging for about 5 minutes when a Leaf showed up desperate for juice. I didn't need the power (was just checking the situation @rapoport3a reported) so yielded to him.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: GSP and Falkirk
I was at the Woodstock SuperCharger today and noticed a new "flo" station with CHAdeMO and the combo connector. It looks like they are putting in two pedestals directly next to the SuperCharger spots. It hasn't been activated yet.
IMG_1564.JPG

I was at the Woodstock SuperCharger today and noticed a new "flo" station with CHAdeMO and the combo connector. It looks like they are putting in two pedestals directly next to the SuperCharger spots. It hasn't been activated yet.

Was by there today and saw that. The second concrete slab is much smaller than the one with the Flo unit already on it, so I wonder if just a Level 2 will be going in there.

Jesus man, how many km have you put on that thing? ;-)

I did about 16,000 km from August to October, but have slowed way down now, as my weekends have been tied up lately. Will do some NYC or FL trips in the new year probably.
Just over 18k :) But like you, I've slowed down considerably in the past month or two. I'll be driving to PEI again for Christmas though!