Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a white SR+ on 3/26. Last weekend my window shifted from May 10-22 to May 22-June 11. Hasn’t moved since. My SA just said that I’ll get an email when I have a VIN. The shifting of the estimated delivery dates has been extremely frustrating, especially when people who ordered around the date are getting VINs. I know the wait will be worth it though.

VINs are assigned as the cars are built, and they can't all be built at the same time, so some variability is to be expected. They could be running batches based on interior or exterior colour, or single vs. dual motor.

Reactions: JSB485
VINs are assigned as the cars are built, and they can't all be built at the same time, so some variability is to be expected. They could be running batches based on interior or exterior colour, or single vs. dual motor.
I understand that. I am mostly frustrated with the shifting “delivery estimate”. After my experience of the last month or so, I’d prefer if it remained more vague instead of constantly shifting.

Oh no. Sorry to hear that. I'm guessing there might be some delay of some sorts.
I officially have no idea what is going on.

1 hour after getting delayed, I get a text telling me I can schedule delivery for May 7th.... 4 days early and 1 month earlier than original...

Called my SA back and she confirmed it was legit. I won't believe anything until I am in the car at this point

Reactions: JSB485
I officially have no idea what is going on.

1 hour after getting delayed, I get a text telling me I can schedule delivery for May 7th.... 4 days early and 1 month earlier than original...

Called my SA back and she confirmed it was legit. I won't believe anything until I am in the car at this point
Oh wow. What a roller coaster of emotions that must be. Did you get your VIN yet?

Has anyone else received an email from a Tesla SA saying it was mandatory to attend an online delivery seminar? I’ve attached the email below. It came from a legitimate email address from Tesla.com.

Attachments

• A171DBF6-4ED8-43AD-9D3D-42F52938E5C8.jpeg
    A171DBF6-4ED8-43AD-9D3D-42F52938E5C8.jpeg
    964.7 KB · Views: 68
I got this email as well…

Is this normal? Or something new they recently started doing?
It’s a little new, but given what I’ve heard from my local Ranger, it’s kinda needed. People would be scheduling service to have work done based on something they’d heard/read, rather than something actually occurring with the car. Having Rangers run ragged to tell people there’s nothing wrong with their car is a bit of a drain on resources.