Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model Y Reveal Discussion

Will you be placing a reservation for the Model Y if applicable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cost wise, it is 1% less than the 3LR configuration I ordered (72000 before taxes) - this is a great sign that Tesla is becoming more efficient! Although it's AP and not EAP and the room of a SUV. It's tempting if there's another 14K incentive. Incentives drive EV sales, we all know that much :)
upload_2019-3-15_8-30-20.png

$3200 deposit to cover the capital cost of the 25% new parts R&D and design. New die designs and machining for the Y body panels. Production should be on schedule given they have the funding. Machine builders all over the world would love to get more of Tesla's money.

At 100k though for fully spec'd, it will definitely eat into S3X sales on the high end high margin cars. It is going to be interesting to see if the 35K M3 can sustain Tesla for a while.

BMW, Audi, Infiniti, and pretty much every high end SUV maker out there should be scared LOL
upload_2019-3-15_8-27-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-15_8-26-41.png
    upload_2019-3-15_8-26-41.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Somewhat I felt disappointed, no 'wow' innovated on Model Y, I feel Model Y should have been Model 3, ya, I like hatchback!

Could be a strategic move like they did with the 3 so it doesn't eat into existing vehicle sales. Who knows, it is 75% the same of the car so such a short presentation makes sense imho. They do need to get Elon into Toastmasters though and have him hang out with the Donald to learn some showmanship.

People test drove them - after Elon left, they opened up test drives. e.g.
The matte black rims on this demo Y is sick... Why don't they offer that in the order page? I wonder if the chrome delete is only for show also.

I've also noticed there are chrome on either side of the steering wheel? Looks like the panoramic glass roof are reversed - the bigger piece on at the front rather than at the rear.

I looks 90% like the model 3 which I think it's a smart move so that people who bought the 3 wouldn't feel cheated.