Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Signature discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was supposed to get my car yesterday but it was stuck getting through the snow storm in Nebraska.
Now hoping for Sunday.
weird that they are deducting the rebate for BC and Quebec but not Ontario.

Not totally wierd for BC, the program is set up that way-- it HAS to be deducted by the manufacturer/dealer prior to sale. That also makes it pre-tax. Yay! The program is funded by the BC government, but administered by the BC Dealers Accociation. Clever arrangement, just wish the amount was larger! BTW, I actually met the woman who set the program up within the BC Ministry of Environment at the SCH finale in Victoria yesterday, and got to thank her personally! She was very nice and excited to see our Model S! More on the SCH event soon-- spectacular day!

Guys, a word of warning About the HOV lanes in Ontario...be especially careful when driving on the HOV lane when the regular lanes are slowly with congestion...I've been traveling these lanes for two years now...seen many, many drivers ignore the entry / exit zones for these lanes...basically enter and exit wherever the heck they want to...don't get complacent thinking it won't happen...

Just wondering; if I visit Ontario will I be able to drive my Tesla in the HOV lanes, or is it for "green plates" only?

The Ontario HOV lanes are for vehicles with 2+ people (of any age) and for electric vehicles until July 1,2015. There is no formal requirement for the "Green Plate", but it does make the vehicle easier to identify for police.

As an aside, I always thought it was unreasonable to count children as a passenger for the purpose of HOV travel. The whole point is to lower the number of cars on the road, and children aren't displacing other cars. The idea is to get two or more drivers to carpool and reduce vehicles on the road.

Are you sure?

You might be right.

The FAQ I linked to has contradicting statements. Near the bottom, it simply says they're "allowing electric vehicles to use HOV lanes (until July 1, 2015) is a way to reward early adopters of electric vehicle technology and make it easier for people to buy and drive electric vehicles, thereby reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the transportation sector".

But near the top of the same page, it does say "Drivers of electric vehicles with green licence plates will be granted access to high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes on 400-series highways until July 1, 2015, even if there is only one individual in the car". (emphasis mine).

I'll bet police would let out-of-province EV's off without a fine, but you still may get pulled over...

Delays in Toronto Delivery?

I was supposed to get my car yesterday but it was stuck getting through the snow storm in Nebraska.
Now hoping for Sunday.
weird that they are deducting the rebate for BC and Quebec but not Ontario.

Just logged on an I'm very surprised (maybe the wrong thread) that there isn't an uproar on here about today's deliveries in Toronto being delayed because of weather in the US. I got a call Thursday letting me know I wouldn't get my car until Sunday, but I'm leaving tonight for a week in the Caribbean, so won't get it til I come back. Boo. Bad Santa! Were only a few people bumped? Everyone get their cars on Thursday and Friday like they were supposed to?

Just logged on an I'm very surprised (maybe the wrong thread) that there isn't an uproar on here about today's deliveries in Toronto being delayed because of weather in the US. I got a call Thursday letting me know I wouldn't get my car until Sunday, but I'm leaving tonight for a week in the Caribbean, so won't get it til I come back. Boo. Bad Santa! Were only a few people bumped? Everyone get their cars on Thursday and Friday like they were supposed to?

At least you got a call.
I was given a date and time only to fly to Vancouver and be told my car was not there.

Paid the remainder on the $122k and was promised a call that evening which seemed acceptable at the time.
Now 3 days later, still no update as promised, no idea where my car is and no one returning calls or emails.

I hate to be negative, but couldn't someone have phoned before I made the trip.
... tell me if I'm wrong to be concerned that I've fully paid for a vehicle I do not have and no one at TESLA is getting back to me.
Stressed out.... not good for the wife and family this time of year.
BTW, sorry for the uncharacteristic CND rant

No, it's reasonable to rant under the circumstances, but if it helps the Tesla staff have been running on zero sleep for some time. I wouldn't be concerned about your money (except the flight!), just concerned about when you get the car. They really are trying.

You might want to contact GeorgeB with your concerns, though.

Last edited:
But if there are no deliveries right now they surely must be getting sleep??

No, it's reasonable to rant under the circumstances, but if it helps the Tesla staff have been running on zero sleep for some time. I wouldn't be concerned about your money (except the flight!), just concerned about when you get the car. They really are trying.

You might want to contact GeorgeB with your concerns, though.

Yes I agree with Doug. I only found out my car was delayed because I called. I have since been corresponding with them on a regular basis. I am now picking up my car tomorrow. There is no excuse for the lack of communication but I don't think any of us can fathom what they are going through. I am actually in the car business and can say that the logistics of arranging around 50 deliveries in 4 days is quite a challenge. Add to that a new car with new technology etc.
I have been frustrated too but I think it will have been all forgotten once we have our cars.

Yes I agree with Doug. I only found out my car was delayed because I called. I have since been corresponding with them on a regular basis. I am now picking up my car tomorrow. There is no excuse for the lack of communication but I don't think any of us can fathom what they are going through. I am actually in the car business and can say that the logistics of arranging around 50 deliveries in 4 days is quite a challenge. Add to that a new car with new technology etc.
I have been frustrated too but I think it will have been all forgotten once we have our cars.

I was in the same boat but the car has now arrived and I am picking it up at 4pm today. Can't wait!