Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Signature discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Jon and he said the paperwork took longer than expected and would start to go out tomorrow. He apologized for it being so close to the delivery date.

It isn't a big deal for me as long as I really do get it tomorrow. Otherwise it is going to be rather inconvenient.

I just got my paperwork; it was sent at 4 pm. Unfortunately it has a couple of errors. Getting down to the wire here.

Also Tesla is apparently not rolling in the EV rebate. They'll help you with the application paperwork at delivery.

Sucks about the ev rebate. It's supposed to be something simple that the dealers take right off the sale price. In Quebec it's no longer linked to tax credit. Just another pain to look after.

Hopefully that's something they'll correct. The rebate was designed to be something dealers can handle on the standard paperwork.

If I had to speculate it's been a rushed delivery and we'll see only the bare minimum necessary to complete the deal. I haven't seen paperwork yet and I'm picking up Thursday at 4pm. My biggest concern is the financing details at this point in case I have to provide additional info.

If I had to speculate it's been a rushed delivery and we'll see only the bare minimum necessary to complete the deal. I haven't seen paperwork yet and I'm picking up Thursday at 4pm. My biggest concern is the financing details at this point in case I have to provide additional info.

I am sorry. I do not buy that excuse. Rush delivery? Maybe the last minute items but they have had months to prepare for this. They knew about the rebates and how they are supposed to work a year ago. They had a handful of Roadsters to deal with and service. I cannot believe that their days were filled up nonstop over the summer. They should have been taking the time to "prepare" things ahead of time so that when the crunch came, they would not be scrambling around to complete "expected" routine items. You do not think they could have had the financing approvals done a month ago? 2 months ago? The Scotia deal was finalized a long long time ago. I can give them some slack for some things as a new car starts production (little software bugs, even delivery event details) but from a management point of view with paperwork and the like, sorry, it's the same as managing any other project.

I am sorry. I do not buy that excuse. Rush delivery? Maybe the last minute items but they have had months to prepare for this. They knew about the rebates and how they are supposed to work a year ago. They had a handful of Roadsters to deal with and service. I cannot believe that their days were filled up nonstop over the summer. They should have been taking the time to "prepare" things ahead of time so that when the crunch came, they would not be scrambling around to complete "expected" routine items. You do not think they could have had the financing approvals done a month ago? 2 months ago? The Scotia deal was finalized a long long time ago. I can give them some slack for some things as a new car starts production (little software bugs, even delivery event details) but from a management point of view with paperwork and the like, sorry, it's the same as managing any other project.

If I recall correctly, Hans at least was involved in the "Get Amped" Tour across the USA (I'm quite sure I saw some customers' videos with him in them), and I wouldn't be surprised if they seconded Canadian employees to help with American deliveries (that's a guess only). When I was in Toronto during the Beta event, the head service tech was telling me about how he wasn't really that busy, and that a lot of his Ranger calls involved chatting and having coffee with Roadster owners. I assumed he was exaggerating a bit, but he was emphasizing how little maintenance and issues the Canadian Roadsters have had. But he wouldn't be involved in this type of paperwork. I agree, though; there was definitely lead time for all these paperwork items (including final MVPA delays), although I'm sure there is more to the situation than we know about.

Okay, its 3PM in Vancouver, after business hours in Toronto, and no sign of paperwork for me. Did any Vancouver folks get paperwork today? Its starting to be a bit tricky to get things logistically set up for a Thursday AM pickup now I'd think. Unless they're willing to put the payment balance on Visa at pickup time...:)

If I recall correctly, Hans at least was involved in the "Get Amped" Tour across the USA (I'm quite sure I saw some customers' videos with him in them), and I wouldn't be surprised if they seconded Canadian employees to help with American deliveries (that's a guess only). When I was in Toronto during the Beta event, the head service tech was telling me about how he wasn't really that busy, and that a lot of his Ranger calls involved chatting and having coffee with Roadster owners. I assumed he was exaggerating a bit, but he was emphasizing how little maintenance and issues the Canadian Roadsters have had. But he wouldn't be involved in this type of paperwork. I agree, though; there was definitely lead time for all these paperwork items (including final MVPA delays), although I'm sure there is more to the situation than we know about.

Yes, Hans was at the both the Get Amped and the original Factory Tour event in Fremont, but he's not in the USA right now. I hear he's doing the delivery event in Vancouver.

As for Eli, he's prepping Model S's for delivery, so he's probably got a bit of work to do right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, its 3PM in Vancouver, after business hours in Toronto, and no sign of paperwork for me. Did any Vancouver folks get paperwork today? Its starting to be a bit tricky to get things logistically set up for a Thursday AM pickup now I'd think. Unless they're willing to put the payment balance on Visa at pickup time...:)

Don't panic, the emails come from Fremont... from all accounts people there have been working a wee bit of overtime.

Stopped by the Vancouver Service center and had a chat with Alvin Pham (Manager, Field Technical Operations - Global Service Operations)...quite a title. He's here from Freemont to oversee the startup, and orient the newbies, of which there were two piecing together bits of the front show room. One of them is the newly hired Service Manager for Vancouver (forget his name).

The update is that 37 Signatures are on there way and should be there on Thursday. Hans will be there along with 3 people from their Houston team to look after handing these vehicles out to all you lucky Sig owners.

As of 5:52pm Toronto (Centre of the Universe) Time, my leasing company had not seen any paperwork from Tesla. Luckily, they are doing all their preparation to pay Tesla whenever the final numbers come in.

I had also been told recently that we would pay the reduced amount for the car after the rebate was removed from the price. I am not pleased if we have to submit paperwork to handle this after-the-fact. That was not the way the Roadster payment was handled, so unless the Ontario government has changed the rules, I do not understand why this wasn't handled by Tesla.

Hopefully the winter weather doesn't become a delivery problem.
Snow storm has closed Grants Pass in Northern California possibly for the week-end.
I've been checking the weather on the I-5 for a trip Vancouver back south to California after I get the car.
Don't think that's going to happen.

Last edited:
Stopped by the Vancouver Service center and had a chat with Alvin Pham (Manager, Field Technical Operations - Global Service Operations)...quite a title. He's here from Freemont to oversee the startup, and orient the newbies, of which there were two piecing together bits of the front show room. One of them is the newly hired Service Manager for Vancouver (forget his name).

The update is that 37 Signatures are on there way and should be there on Thursday. Hans will be there along with 3 people from their Houston team to look after handing these vehicles out to all you lucky Sig owners.

Thanks so much for this great update! It is very relieving to know there are real Tesla people actually on site, that the service manager has been hired and is on board!

Wow 37 Signatures here! I had initially heard only 25 for Vancouver (which sounded low). Did he mention if the cars for Alberta were also coming in through Vancouver?

I did ask that question, but he didn't know. Also forgot to pass on that he said they reached 400 cars per week last week and that they hope to deliver 3,500 before year end...guess we will see. I think my wait will be close to 4 years...crickey.

I am really surprised that the guy told you production and delivery numbers. Probably won't have a job too much longer after Elon finds out about it.!