Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, as well, the Toronto store location is not the best for those folks starting 50-100 kms west of Toronto, who really just want to get the H3LL by it to points east...it is an EV friendly drive using the 407 to bypass TO (as it is easy to set the cruise control at 90kph due to the reduced levels of traffic compared with the 401)...getting off the 407, and travelling down to the Lawrence St. store will be an exercise in frustration for most...leaving the Hamilton / Niagara / Haldimand regions with a full range charge make Kingston a stretch...imo, Cobourg would be a nice "fill in" once Tesla gets around to it...
Yorkdale would have been a better location but land is at a pricey premium there. Cobourg would be great for me! Hamilton would be great for those in the west, or right at the 403 QEW split.

The Toronto SC tops out at 120 kW. I was hoping for 135 kW, but I'll take it: 608 km/hr.

Photo 2014-08-28, 12 47 50 AM.jpg
Photo 2014-08-28, 12 51 51 AM.jpg
Photo 2014-08-28, 12 49 38 AM.jpg
Photo 2014-08-28, 12 48 13 AM.jpg

Wouldn't Parry Sound and Huntsville be better locations? Parry Sound is almost midway between Barrie and Sudbury. Huntsville is almost midway between Barrie and North Bay, plus it would support Highway 60 traffic, should you wish to visit Algonquin Park.

I was thinking of Gravenhurst because it is at the split between the east and west sides of the Muskoka Lakes, but Huntsville and Parry Sound are good too.

It appears Algojo's S is in the stall 3rd from the right, but the station is labeled 3A.

Needs verification, but I'd guess you are sharing a power source with the stall four slots away as opposed to the most common configuration where you share with a neighbor.

Look at the labels that are on most charging pedestals. For example, 1A is paired with 1B, and both connect with Supercharger Cabinet 1, etc. Most recently installed Superchargers put maximum distance between paired connections. For example, an 8-stall Supercharger is typically laid out like this:

1A 2A 3A 4A 1B 2B 3B 4B

coming_soon.jpg

Yesterday in T-O, chargers 1A and 1B were hooded with the Tesla motto "Coming soon."

DVH_SuperCh.jpg

Den første Supercharger-oplevelse af Den vilde hvide (the first Supercharger experience of The Wild White One, although the Danish name is a three-way pun). I'll be trying to figure out how much charge it got over the one hour I was there . . . meanwhile, the top readings were things like 367 volts with 100 amps, and 399 volts with 88 amps. Near the end: 402 volts with 76 amps. The top km/hr fill was 198, where it stayed for quite a while as the volts and amps fluctuated slightly.

Important to know: start was 189 rated km, end was 400 rated km. So the gain of 211 took an hour possibly because it was at the high end of the capacity. Almost the whole time I was in stall 4A when there was no one in stall 4B. The fill started at about 360 volts with 90–98 amps (175–178 km/hr).

Status
Not open for further replies.