Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Invitation or not, anyone who arrives in a Tesla won't be turned away!

I'd just drop them a line... here's the invite:

invite.jpg

1437 posts about Canadian Supercharges and still can't drive from Toronto to Montreal. Really now, what is the hold up?

Next rant: It's very exciting to see a supercharger in Toronto. Yet, it's really not that useful for a very large segment of Ontario owners. And Barrie? It's only 90 km from Toronto. Maybe something a little closer to Gravenhurst would make more sense.

I dropped in at the Yorkdale store. The reps there either don't know or aren't saying much about superchargers.

Frustrated.

Living in an area of the country with NO Superchargers (not even on the long-term map) for hundreds/thousands of kilometers, you'll forgive me if I roll my eyes at all the comments complaining about how inconvenient the Supercharger placement is?

To get max charge rate the charge has to be very low. The taper starts very early. Although it's still much faster than an HPWC!

It doesn't taper as quickly as he's reporting. That does not sound like full power to me. I would expect to see about 110 kW at 30% charged and 70 kW at 50% charged. He's reporting 37 kW (100A @ 367 V). I would not expect to see a power that low until past 80% charged.

(I have video of a couple of charging sessions, as a reference, in addition to personal experience at a couple of dozen Superchargers. I'm not just making these numbers up!)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, back-to-back. Finally some stuff happening!

Yes, it's exciting. I'm going to have to visit Ontario again next summer. Presumably the I-90 route will be done by then. (I'm not going via southern California again!)

To be fair, it's 400 standard charging stations and 20 SuperChargers.

Still, (except for Sun Country Highway charging station, Circuit Électrique and Réseauver) Tesla is far behind schedule INCLUDING charging stations... the absence of even HPWC at the Montreal Dealership shows that «late in the party» situation...

It could be so easy (and cheap) for them to just have a partnership with a big retailer (Costco?) and install HPWC... I guarantee you that a lot of Canadian Tesla owners (and visitors from US) would be much happier and it'd take, at some extent, some pressure off their back...

I would expect to see about 110 kW at 30% charged and 70 kW at 50% charged. He's reporting 37 kW (100A @ 367 V). I would not expect to see a power that low until past 80% charged.

I agree, PoweredByRain. My figures are low. In coming weeks, I'll be trying this again and asking questions. But note I was charging between 44% (start) and 93% (stop), and we don't know whether an old version of the Superchargers has been installed, with lower output (although not that low, surely).

Status
Not open for further replies.