TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Canadian Superchargers

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Doug_G, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

This was posted elsewhere, in a message about a chat with George Blankenship, but it would be of special interest to Canadians...

2. razasunny54

razasunny54 Member

That is not the one planned in toronto but somewhere in the middle of TO to Montreal correct?

Regards,
    Raza

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Judging by the crude map Tesla published of supercharger locations "within 2 years", there will be two (maybe not both right away?). One looks to be in the vicinity of Trenton, the other looks like Brockville. That would certainly facilitate convenient travel between Toronto / Ottawa / Montreal. The Brockville charger would also be handy for travel into the USA, since there are two crossings in the vicinity.

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see something on the other side of Toronto... perhaps the London area. Looks like something going in near Detroit (based on the crude map), so London would facilitate drives right through to the US on either side of Toronto.

5. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Agree...can't forget about those travelling west bound on the 401...

6. pbrulott

pbrulott Member

We need SC every 80 (130 km) to 130 (200 km) miles for those poor 60 kWh occasional long distance driver that paid $2500 with tx for the option ;-)

so Montreal, Brockville, Trenton, Toronto is great

7. HTK

HTK Member

We also need some SC on the TransCanada highway between Vancouver and Calgary and further east. Kamloops would be a good location as it should be reachable on a full charge (85kwh) from Vancouver. For now, I'll have to plan using the chargers Sun Country is setting up...

8. nleggatt

nleggatt Member

AMEN! Totally agree, we need more BC owners to push for this. It would open up a HUGE amount of the highly trafficed province!

- - - Updated - - -

Also @HTK do you have your car yet?

9. patp

patp Member

Also we have to take in account the cold temperature vs range. So Tesla may have to put them closer for that reason.

10. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

Kamloops is a bit too far for me, i was only able to get the 60Kwh battery....

11. nleggatt

nleggatt Member

Merritt is a better option. Hope has a 90amp charger so a quick stop for a coffee would ensure you'd make Merritt where you could super charge. Either way that area is a good choice

12. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

I hope that with the reduced cold weather capacities that people have been reporting, that Tesla considers reducing the spacing between superchargers.How can we get the word out to tesla?

13. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I think you just did. I understand that a number of Tesla folks lurk here.

14. slyastro

slyastro Member

HERE IS A GREAT RUMOR!!

According to «erichancox» on TM Forum «RUMORED SUPERCHARGER LOCATIONS», There is a SUPERCHARGER that is being built in Kingston right between Toronto and Montreal !!!

Here is his post:

«I just left the Tesla store in Toronto, and a supercharger station is being built in Kingston right now. It is an excellent location on the 401, right in between Toronto and Montreal. Over 10 million people live within Model S reach of this station, and it will eliminate "range anxiety" in what is one of the heaviest travelled corridors in North America.
    Another one knocked out of the park!!»

WOW !!
    :)

PS: If someone drives by Kingston, that would be great to get some pictures of the construction !!

15. clea

clea Member

Excellent news!

Steph_s might even get a chance to test it out when he picks up his car and drives it back to Ottawa.

16. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Nice rumour. Wonder if it's true... also wonder exactly where it is???

Would do the job nicely for Ottawa to Toronto. You could just blast down the 416 full tilt to Kingston, power up, and off you go!

That would be a little far from Montreal; at 289 km that's pushing winter weather driving range, unless you really keep your speed down.

Heck, if we get confirmation it's there, I'll go down to Kingston just to try it!

17. clea

clea Member

Yea I was thinking about that but the SCH sc90 in Cornwall looks like it would be just the right place to top off if you find your energy usage was going to make it tight.

18. Duckjybe

Duckjybe S P232

Having a Kingston supercharger would be great!

Tesla if your reading, please put a couple in on the HWY 400/HWY 11 corridor.

19. slyastro

slyastro Member

Yes, I wonder if it's too good to be true ... lets hope so !!

I count on you guys to confirm this with proof (pictures) !!

20. clea

clea Member

Je pense pas que tu voulais dire que "c'est trop beau pour être vrai" ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.