Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good question. I actually don’t know. I was searching on Google to see how they usually adjust gaps but found none. Curious to find out at the appointment.

Depends on where the gap is. All panels have a bit of slack by taking it off and they can put shims in to stick it out and such to line up. Btw, Congrats on the car. My MX is supposed to be coming next month as well. Let's see how , bad the condition it is too.

Congratulations. Please share your experience of picking up the car. If you have any issues requiring a service appointment, etc.

Took delivery. Coming from a 2016 S and a 2020 3 and now with a 2022 Y. Here is some observation.

Y fit and finish is pretty much dead on, they mastered it. X is greatly improved from 6 years ago, but there are still noticeable gaps.I would say I am not very anal about gap.

For the X, driver side Falcon wing door is about 2mm misaligned, it’s a little too low when closed. Passenger is perfect.

Passenger side headlight, there is a larger gap above it than the driver side. Along with the hood is a little lifted near the windshield.

All these are flagged for tesla to fix. Would most people notice it? Probably not.

Tire pressure, not sure why they pumped it to 48psi when the door clearly states 45psi.

Overall not bad, if I give the 2016 S a 6/10. I give this a 7.5/10. Now let’s see if they can fix it.

Took delivery. Coming from a 2016 S and a 2020 3 and now with a 2022 Y. Here is some observation.

Y fit and finish is pretty much dead on, they mastered it. X is greatly improved from 6 years ago, but there are still noticeable gaps.I would say I am not very anal about gap.

For the X, driver side Falcon wing door is about 2mm misaligned, it’s a little too low when closed. Passenger is perfect.

Passenger side headlight, there is a larger gap above it than the driver side. Along with the hood is a little lifted near the windshield.

All these are flagged for tesla to fix. Would most people notice it? Probably not.

Tire pressure, not sure why they pumped it to 48psi when the door clearly states 45psi.

Overall not bad, if I give the 2016 S a 6/10. I give this a 7.5/10. Now let’s see if they can fix it.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Hopefully, service centre will be able to fix all the issues quickly for you.
Are you going to get PPF for your new car?

Thank you for sharing your experience. Hopefully, service centre will be able to fix all the issues quickly for you.
Are you going to get PPF for your new car?

No, not going to PPF.

I am pretty handy with detailing, so I will apply a ceremic coat and do touch up paint every 3 years or so. The S, 85k km later, wasn’t that bad with touch up paint.

PPF is now 6k or so, I don’t think it will add 6k in resale value.

Reactions: TrevTremaine