Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think, Tesla moved all Model X orders temporarily to Dec 2022 - Apr 2023 placeholder while rearranging them in queue based on order date and their projected production sequence. Once done, they then moved everybody back to slightly different dates, providing a bit more realistic timelines for everybody... Still, the new estimated dates are an 8 week window... We should be getting a better estimate closer to the actual delivery date. Fingers crossed.
This is why Tesla needs someone who can think about customers - even if it's a PR department. I'm sure that there are more than a few who cancelled their orders because of the last EDD change. It was unnecessary, poorly planned out and even worse on execution - especially given the past 16 months. Yes, I'm glad to see the realignment in the end, but it certainly makes Tesla's credibility weaker. It could have been handled much differently and end up having a positive effect than what this did.

Reactions: Dr Gez
This is why Tesla needs someone who can think about customers - even if it's a PR department. I'm sure that there are more than a few who cancelled their orders because of the last EDD change. It was unnecessary, poorly planned out and even worse on execution - especially given the past 16 months. Yes, I'm glad to see the realignment in the end, but it certainly makes Tesla's credibility weaker. It could have been handled much differently and end up having a positive effect than what this did.
Agreed .... 100%

Has anyone else's not changed from Dec - Mar 23? Ordered Nov 21, delivery was steady at Nov 22, until the recent change for everyone, but it hasn't changed since.
Not to belittle it but given your order date, a year is about the norm under the circumstances. Most of us have been waiting a fair bit longer than that. Odds are that your date will change as your EDD approaches - hopefully, to the positive.

Do you guys know if I have to be present to take delivery of the model x or can a family member do it, I will be out of the country.
Edd is June 04 - June 25, ordered 13th june 2021
Tesla website states that the owner must be present at the time of delivery. I would suggest getting in touch with your Sales Associate or Tesla's Customer Service by phone and discuss your situation with them.

Do you guys know if I have to be present to take delivery of the model x or can a family member do it, I will be out of the country.
Edd is June 04 - June 25, ordered 13th june 2021
Same situation i ran into, you must be present. Otherwise they just pass your car to someone else. But you do get to keep your priority and i can attest to it. Got a different car 2 weeks later.