Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The advice he gave me was to get something official from the CRA that speaks more on what is considered a "written agreement".
How about the document that it literally titled "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement", which can still be downloaded from their web site and has a pre-2022 date on it? It has the old pricing on it, which they are still honouring. If it is not a written purchase agreement, then ask Tesla to sell you two or three cars at that old pricing. They certainly aren't going to do that. So obviously it is a written purchase agreement.

How about the document that it literally titled "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement", which can still be downloaded from their web site and has a pre-2022 date on it? It has the old pricing on it, which they are still honouring. If it is not a written purchase agreement, then ask Tesla to sell you two or three cars at that old pricing. They certainly aren't going to do that. So obviously it is a written purchase agreement.
I’m in the same boat as grewallofchina. Tesla told me the same thing about the purchase agreement not being a “purchase agreement”. I have made the same argument you’re proposing to Tesla but it didn’t land. They just say that their legal team have advised to charge the luxury tax and that the language is “open for interpretation”, and that not much can be done about it.

Hi,

Unfortunately no news from the CRA. They had warned me that given their current load, it would take a long time for them to respond. I will nevertheless call them on Monday to inquire on progress. I do agree that the more there are of us getting written rulings from the CRA, the easier it will be to get Tesla to change their policy.

Glad I found this website. Been going back and forth with Tesla and CRA the last few weeks. Tesla has not budged and is still charging the Luxury Tax on pre-orders before 2022. The CRA has said to me twice I should not be charged. Tesla rep said they even called the CRA and said the same thing to him. He escalated it but came back from upper management that we are not exempt from that because they are interpreting in such a way where we do not fall under that exemption. The advice he gave me was to get something official from the CRA that speaks more on what is considered a "written agreement". Somehow we need to get something from the CRA or get the attention of Elon on twitter so he can publicly ask the CRA for example tweeting the CRA twitter account.
Do you have anything written from the CRA that says 2021 orders should not be charged? You spoke to a rep at the CRA, but it really needs to be written if it ends up heading to court either via class action or small claims.

I recall that when I bought my 2020 Model 3, there was a lawsuit that started in Quebec that resulted in a batch of orders getting lifetime free connectivity.

I completely agree. I think Tesla is just scared the CRA might turn around and say that does not constitute as a written agreement.

Hi everyone,

Spoke to the CRA on Monday and they told me that the ruling letter was in the final stage of approval. They wouldn’t tell me what the ruling was but hoping that I will receive the letter next week. Will keep everyone posted as soon as I have it.

On another note, my EDD finally changed from Dec-April to Dec 2 - Jan 6 this morning (July 21 order). I am finally starting to believe that this might actually happen!

Sounds like that they are about to produce a Canadian batch of Xa! Hopefully no more delays………

Hi everyone,

Spoke to the CRA on Monday and they told me that the ruling letter was in the final stage of approval. They wouldn’t tell me what the ruling was but hoping that I will receive the letter next week. Will keep everyone posted as soon as I have it.

On another note, my EDD finally changed from Dec-April to Dec 2 - Jan 6 this morning (July 21 order). I am finally starting to believe that this might actually happen!

Sounds like that they are about to produce a Canadian batch of Xa! Hopefully no more delays………
Hopefully you get that letter before the delivery date and you get some good news along with everyone else.

Reactions: SamGr and kamou
Selling my reservation with dec 2022 toronto delivery for $250 cdn.

Hi everyone,

Any update ?

My Model x long range is arriving this Friday and I was told I can take delivery this weekend.
Also, Got Tesla financing- BMO at 6.55%

Any update ?

My Model x long range is arriving this Friday and I was told I can take delivery this weekend.
Also, Got Tesla financing- BMO at 6.55%
Unfortunately no news. Have not received a response from them yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be tomorrow or early next week.

Will post as soon as I find out anything. Would have liked it to be before your delivery tomorrow but unlikely.