Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't get in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's correct then assuming you're not wearing capris or generally showing too much sock, you have exceptionally short legs and a long torso.

Yeah I thought the same thing when he posted those numbers...I'm 5'8" and my inseam is 29". I don't have an issue with my legs getting into the car. I think they are just going to have to figure it out themselves, or not get the car.

In my opinion, he definitely should not get the car. It sounds like physically it is just going to be too difficult to get in the car. I don’t think it is really an issue with physical dimensions; I think it has to do with physical capability. There are definitely people who have a hard time getting in and out of sedans. Better to get a car with a higher, upright seating position.

I'd say the bottom line is, it's going to be hard for the OP to get in and out of the car. So it comes down to how badly they want the car. The Roadster was hard to get in and out of, but I loved it. When the Model 3 came out I switched in order to have a safer, more practical car, not because of the difficulty getting in and out.

To the OP: I don't think you're "missing" anything. The car just makes it hard to get in and out for your particular physique. So the question becomes, is that too high a price to pay? For me, with the Roadster, it wasn't. For you, it's a question only you can answer.

There is nothing to hold on to.

Just adding to my above idea, you could hang onto the steering wheel with your inside hand and lower yourself into the seat if you need support. Hitting the wipers and gear shift stalk is no big deal; nothing will happen unless you're frantically mashing all the pedals. You won't hit them anyway if you're grabbing the steering wheel. The power steering won't engage until you hit the brake, or maybe even after that, I think (you'd have to experiment). So the wheel will be pretty firm and supportive.

I think we are all being trolled. There is nothing unique about the dimensions and configuration of the Model 3 seating or entry.

There are literally hundreds of car with similar door/steering wheel/seat. M3 is actually kind of common and very average dimensions compare to other subcompact sports cars.

Just impossible to believe somebody can’t figure out how to get into a car. From his answers it’s obvious he’s gotten a kick of people trying to help with this “problem” and then mock their replies.

I think the moderator has a great idea when considering to lock this thread. It benefits nobody except the giggles the OP is getting at our expense.

Reactions: doghousePVD
I think we are all being trolled. There is nothing unique about the dimensions and configuration of the Model 3 seating or entry.

There are literally hundreds of car with similar door/steering wheel/seat. M3 is actually kind of common and very average dimensions compare to other subcompact sports cars.

Just impossible to believe somebody can’t figure out how to get into a car. From his answers it’s obvious he’s gotten a kick of people trying to help with this “problem” and then mock their replies.

I think the moderator has a great idea when considering to lock this thread. It benefits nobody except the giggles the OP is getting at our expense.

Maybe. However, there's not much point in responding, if you make that assumption; there's nothing really to say. I generally assume that some people just aren't physically capable of getting into a Model 3 and many other sedans. It's not uncommon! Minor disability, age-related fitness/flexibility issues, or obesity are fairly routine occurrences. In this case, for whatever reason, the person just is not physically able to get in the Model 3. It's not a knock on the Model 3, just like it wouldn't be for any other car, as you say - it's a car with very "normal" dimensions. It's just a personal preference/capability issue. There is a huge variety of cars! It's not one size fits all. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

... M3 is actually kind of common and very average dimensions compare to other subcompact sports cars.

Subcompact??? The Model 3 is significantly larger than my Prius, which was significantly larger than my '89 Civic. And that might have been called "compact" but certainly not "sub-compact." I'd have called it "small" and not even "compact." The Model 3 may not be the land yacht the Model S is, but it ain't no sub-compact.

Subcompact??? The Model 3 is significantly larger than my Prius, which was significantly larger than my '89 Civic. And that might have been called "compact" but certainly not "sub-compact." I'd have called it "small" and not even "compact." The Model 3 may not be the land yacht the Model S is, but it ain't no sub-compact.

I don’t know what your are fixated on the exact wording of the M3s size class because the names don’t reflect any specific dimension but are merely relative.

According to the International Standard ISO 3833-1977 road vehicles theTesla Model 3 class is officially defined as a COMPACT executive car.

But the fact remains the OP is clowning around. If he truly can’t figure out how to get in the driver’s seat... his next post will be he can’t figure out how to get out!!!

thanks for the laughs

Reactions: Dangerous Fish