TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Can't Pair Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by CaryS, Jun 28, 2015.

1. CaryS

CaryS Member

I am unable to pair my Apple Watch with my Tesla 85 S.
    When I go into settings on the watch it finds the Tesla but it won't connect.
    I have rebooted the Tesla, Watch and Phone numerous times and it still won't connect. I have even deleted and powered down my iPhone and just tried to pair the watch but still no connection.
    Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
    Thank for your help.

2. commasign

commasign Active Member

The Apple Watch isn't designed to be paired with other devices directly. It's more of an extender device for your iPhone. No functionality (I.e. phone calls, music, text messages) would be available even if you could pair your Tesla directly, at least not with the current watchOS 1.0.

3. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

The Apple Watch links to the iPhone and the Car with the Remote S app. This gives you control of the car on the watch. You also get charge notifications on the watch when charging. Works very well. Make the Remote S app one of your glances on the watch so its always easy to find.

4. ohcomeon

ohcomeon Member

It's correct to say the Apple Watch is not designed to work with other devices, but you are wrong to say there is no music. I store 2gb of music on my watch and can store more if I wish. I also have Bluetooth headphones connected so I don't need my iPhone anywhere near me while exercising.

5. wayner

wayner Active Member

I also have paired my Apple Watch with wireless BT headphones so I don't know why it wouldn't work with any BT audio device, like your car to play music and make phone calls.