Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't see out of Y rear window. Changing lanes.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have difficulty seeing out of the Y's rear window.
If you can't see out of the window you can
- clean it
- remove boxes from rear compartment
- remove the limo tint
In addition to the rear window you can use the rear view mirrors. You can also see the rear camera view on the info screen by issuing the voice command "cameras". Same command to remove camera view. You can also use the blind spot view on the screen when using the turn signals to change lanes.

If you still can't figure it out, get a convertible and drive with the top down.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: BWJ.
Side mirrors are your primary and best asset for seeing what is important behind you. Lots of vehicles don't even have rearview mirrors because whatever is immediately behind you isn't usually going to get you into trouble. There's only a very small area you can't see from the side mirrors. It's what's on the sides and especially in the rear mirror blind spots that will bite you. A backup camera of course has proven value for seeing that spot as you back up, but if you're paying attention while driving nothing should be able to get into that cone without you seeing it approach.

The video screens require you to lower your eyes from looking at the road around you and refocusing at a different length and light level, a really bad idea. I'd turn off or ignore the screens and learn to rely in the side mirrors after learning how to adjust them for maximum visibility.

I’ve used these on previous M3 and now on MY. Love them.

Reactions: zoomer0056