Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Lane Change came w/car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
So, picked up our 6th Tesla a week ago.
Model Y long range - that's about it. very good car.

It... uh... will auto lane change (if you hit the turn signal). You don't have to disengage autosteer for it to lane change. it will do it, as if we had EAP, which we did not pay for, nor does this lane change thing show anywhere in the AP options?

is this something new or is the car just showing off?

Does everyone just get this now, with base AP?

thanks

So, picked up our 6th Tesla a week ago.
Model Y long range - that's about it. very good car.

It... uh... will auto lane change (if you hit the turn signal). You don't have to disengage autosteer for it to lane change. it will do it, as if we had EAP, which we did not pay for, nor does this lane change thing show anywhere in the AP options?

is this something new or is the car just showing off?

Does everyone just get this now, with base AP?

thanks
Did you purchase on a friend's referral at all? The most recent referral perks include 3 months of FSD if I'm not mistaken. That's my guess for what you're experiencing here...

If I'm not madly mistaken, many new Teslas come with yea number of months of free EAP. Which then expires. That would do it.

On the other hand: Back in 2018 the SO got a M3 LR RWD. Swore she wasn't going to spend any more on it than she had to. So, there we are, at the SC, sitting in the car. The delivery guy asks, "Have you looked at the videos?" We replied in the affirmative. He told us to look around and he'd be back.

It took us a bit to figure out that the steering wheel was upside down; we then figured out how to adjust the wheel. And we're going through the menus, for the very first time, and we're finding things about TACC and LK that, at that time, were very much EAP features. We were confused.

The guy came back and we asked a few questions. And then I asked, "Um. These menu items are about EAP? We haven't paid for that?" The guy says, "Well, sometimes Tesla makes a mistake." Turned right, hit the door open button, and chased us out of there.

We did have EAP. And Tesla never revoked it. And, when a sale came on and it was cheaper to buy FSD when one had EAP than not, it was listed on their web site that we had EAP. So, bought FSD and still got it.

Later fooling around on various forums revealed that we weren't the only ones. Not common, but not rare, either.

Check your account on Tesla.com and see what the car's supposed to have. If it's a 30-day trial, it'll say so.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056