Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Accident 2 months with car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hit in the front by a car turning left while I was stopped at red light. Not much damage but should it take it to Tesla service center? Will they give me a loaner if I do? How long will this take to fix?

Attachments

• IMG_20200227_152744.jpg
    IMG_20200227_152744.jpg
    581.3 KB · Views: 126
I did my repair with bumper solution. It was a scratch though, not like that.

But it seemed to work fine. MichaelP90DL recommended this guy to me. It worked fine for my Model 3 and the guy is honest. I'm sure he can do dents, but I didn't have a dent, more like a paint scratch.

Some Tesla Service centers handle minor body work like bumper covers. It depends on your local location. Otherwise, it would be a Tesla authorized body shop. They have the tools and training (supposedly) to deal with sensors and all that stuff.

It would be up to the location if they would provide a free loaner, but generally that would be the responsibility of the insurance company of the at fault driver.

Reactions: borijess3
Most Tesla service centers can't do bodywork

I think this would fall under bolt in body panel. They would get a pre-painted bumper skin from the factory. Hard to tell from photo of the fender is bent too. But I think it’s bumper skin only??

Tesla Service Centers can perform collision repairs, from paint scuffs or scratches to minor dents in bolt-on body panels. To schedule an appointment at a Tesla Service Center, login to the Tesla app and select ‘Collision Repair’ from the Service Menu. You can then schedule an appointment at your preferred service location.

Additionally, Tesla owns and operates Body Repair Centers that specialize in structural damage. Currently, Tesla Body Repair Centers are available in the following cities:

• San Jose, California
  • Pomona, California
  • Elk Grove Village, Chicago, Illinois

Dash cam got the accident right after. So it did not capture the hit. I have the cam to record when i ring the horn. But I was so upset that I forgot to ring horn .

People may not realize this but while you are driving, TeslaCam is buffering an hour of video. It rewrites over itself after an hour. If you get in an accident and don’t hit the Save to file or don’t honk (if you have that set), you should still be able to pause your TeslaCam (to safely shut down the usb drive and not corrupt it) and remove the drive. Then instead of looking for the files under Saved Clips, check your 1-hr buffered Recent Clips folder for that footage. It helps to know about what time stamp to look for.

Good idea to have a second usb device with you that you can swap out while you have the one with the accident on it out of the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: borijess3
Did you capture the accident on Dashcam? If it’s clearly the other driver’s fault their insurance should cover all costs. Take it in to Tesla and get it repaired correctly.

People may not realize this but while you are driving, TeslaCam is buffering an hour of video. It rewrites over itself after an hour. If you get in an accident and don’t hit the Save to file or don’t honk (if you have that set), you should still be able to pause your TeslaCam (to safely shut down the usb drive and not corrupt it) and remove the drive. Then instead of looking for the files under Saved Clips, check your 1-hr buffered Recent Clips folder for that footage. It helps to know about what time stamp to look for.

Good idea to have a second usb device with you that you can swap out while you have the one with the accident on it out of the car.

For some reason it did not catch the clip of the hit .It got the moment after when I chased her done .which is good that it shows I was at a red light and she was turning left .