Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car at delivery centre but Tesla waiting for a part?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ours is a horrible situation....waiting game part 2

The SA is Miami told me that they have almost 300 vehicles waiting for the charge port ECU. The irony is that they do not have a confirmed date for receipt of the parts atleast this month. So, I reckon that this wait is going to spill over into next month surely (atleast for the folks in Miami). Keep in mind thar there may be more delays as the retrofit shall be an additional few hundred man hours for the local SCs, besides their usual load of service and/or repairs.

Tesla eased their potential logistical pile up by shipping out the vehicles from the factory without the charge port.

I just wish that the car finally be worth this long nightmarish experience.
ah!! worst part is Tesla is not communicating to the customers and set the expectations appropriately..
All have waited for months, but once you get the VIN, preparation for taking the delivery is different game. Tesla could have handled this issues better.
Its fine they have shipped out the vehicles from the factory without the charge port, but not having a ETA on the missing part for a month is unacceptable. As usual worst customer experience ! This is the problem of monopoly, Customers has to take this for atleast another 2-3 years.

Reactions: NNM3 and Silence88
Ours is a horrible situation....waiting game part 2

The SA is Miami told me that they have almost 300 vehicles waiting for the charge port ECU. The irony is that they do not have a confirmed date for receipt of the parts atleast this month. So, I reckon that this wait is going to spill over into next month surely (atleast for the folks in Miami). Keep in mind thar there may be more delays as the retrofit shall be an additional few hundred man hours for the local SCs, besides their usual load of service and/or repairs.

Tesla eased their potential logistical pile up by shipping out the vehicles from the factory without the charge port.

I just wish that the car finally be worth this long nightmarish experience.
Thank you for all this information. I am glad at least someone has been able to squeeze a little bit more info out of Tesla regarding this issue. I think we all need to tweet @elonmusk and bring this issue up on Twitter because its not cool for them to not even have a clue as to when the parts will even come in. For all we know, the parts could never be coming. This is awful that we are the unlucky ones who had their car made, VIN assigned but not finished and we are left in suspense with no answers.

Thank you for all this information. I am glad at least someone has been able to squeeze a little bit more info out of Tesla regarding this issue. I think we all need to tweet @elonmusk and bring this issue up on Twitter because its not cool for them to not even have a clue as to when the parts will even come in. For all we know, the parts could never be coming. This is awful that we are the unlucky ones who had their car made, VIN assigned but not finished and we are left in suspense with no answers.
We are like the little bunch of abandoned and forgotten customers.

The factory is producing cars now with the parts and customers with newer VINs are getting deliveries before us.

Hopefully someone in management would wake up one day, when SC parking lots are full with our cars and then they start shipping the missing parts.....

Till that time, let's sit tight in our misery and hope that there are no further issues with our cars, with are pretty much left to nature's wrath for more than a month already, without any charging whatsoever.

We are like the little bunch of abandoned and forgotten customers.

The factory is producing cars now with the parts and customers with newer VINs are getting deliveries before us.

Hopefully someone in management would wake up one day, when SC parking lots are full with our cars and then they start shipping the missing parts.....

Till that time, let's sit tight in our misery and hope that there are no further issues with our cars, with are pretty much left to nature's wrath for more than a month already, without any charging whatsoever.
When I was at service last week to speak with them about this delay, I had seen a customer taking delivery of a white Model 3 LR like I had ordered. I asked if I could look at their VIN and sure enough it was a newer (higher) VIN# than mine. I drove by service today and my car was still sitting in the same spot with that big piece of white tape still stuck on the charge port door. Nothing done. This is absolutely starting to piss me off. Is Tesla ok with their customers being put in this position? Especially when they have the parts now and putting them on current production vehicles. Send the damn parts already! I’m very disappointed to say the least.

Attachments

• 7D2E2376-DE7A-41B4-A92C-27CDD2716F47.jpeg
    7D2E2376-DE7A-41B4-A92C-27CDD2716F47.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 292
  • C268AE1D-7FE2-4BE5-AC21-E8BB3BB36C43.jpeg
    C268AE1D-7FE2-4BE5-AC21-E8BB3BB36C43.jpeg
    751.6 KB · Views: 68
When I was at service last week to speak with them about this delay, I had seen a customer taking delivery of a white Model 3 LR like I had ordered. I asked if I could look at their VIN and sure enough it was a newer (higher) VIN# than mine. I drove by service today and my car was still sitting in the same spot with that big piece of white tape still stuck on the charge port door. Nothing done. This is absolutely starting to piss me off. Is Tesla ok with their customers being put in this position? Especially when they have the parts now and putting them on current production vehicles. Send the damn parts already! I’m very disappointed to say the least.
I have begun to think that they really don't care about us anymore. We are the mercy of someone waking up in their management one day and getting the missing parts for us.

The local guys at the delivery centers are pretty useless in my opinion. They are nothing more than glorified translators, who look at the system and reply us back with "no ETA on the parts yet"

This is beyond annoying now

I think this will get resolved soon, if indeed they are now shipping cars with the charging ECU installed (which I haven't seen confirmed). I imagine it's a bit of a logistical problem to 1) receive all of the parts at Fremont, 2) determine which delivery centers need the parts and how many, 3) ship them out, and 4) get them installed so the cars can be delivered. The other thing to keep in mind is that the VIN's are not necessarily built in order - they do batches based on color, equipment, etc.

I'm also wondering why so many of you have actually paid for your cars without seeing them? I know Tesla asks for that, but you don't have to do it.

• Informative
Reactions: Teleezen
They originally told me I would get my Y in Dec 2022... so I was SO excited when they gave me a May 5-9 delivery date!!
I sold my M3, got insurance on the Y... and now I wait. every day the estimated delivery window moves later a day. I have no idea if I will wait a day or 6 months. The car is on the lot in FL (Orlando) waiting for the charge port.
i guess I should stop paying the insurance. super frustrating... especially since now I don't have a car.Why on earth didn't they just wait til it was really ready to tell me it was ready??

Reactions: NNM3
They originally told me I would get my Y in Dec 2022... so I was SO excited when they gave me a May 5-9 delivery date!!
I sold my M3, got insurance on the Y... and now I wait. every day the estimated delivery window moves later a day. I have no idea if I will wait a day or 6 months. The car is on the lot in FL (Orlando) waiting for the charge port.
i guess I should stop paying the insurance. super frustrating... especially since now I don't have a car.Why on earth didn't they just wait til it was really ready to tell me it was ready??
I am experiencing this as well! I got the VIN in April and had a delivery date of May 4-8 and the Eatonville Orlando Sales Associate told me on May 1st that "we should be reaching out to you in a few days to schedule delivery" so I went ahead and sold my car to Carmax (they gave me more $) and I accepted a third party loan who would mail a check to me so I would have it in time to hand to Tesla on delivery day. but now my delivery date moves by a day each day. Now I am carless and already started a third party loan and I dont have the car yet and everytime I call them, they say "we dont know when the part is supposed to arrive, we will reach out to you when your car is ready though".

Have you driven to the Service Center in person and inquired for a more accurate status yet?

Hopefully we get our cars by the end of the month, fingers crossed. Super frustrating still.

I am experiencing this as well! I got the VIN in April and had a delivery date of May 4-8 and the Eatonville Orlando Sales Associate told me on May 1st that "we should be reaching out to you in a few days to schedule delivery" so I went ahead and sold my car to Carmax (they gave me more $) and I accepted a third party loan who would mail a check to me so I would have it in time to hand to Tesla on delivery day. but now my delivery date moves by a day each day. Now I am carless and already started a third party loan and I dont have the car yet and everytime I call them, they say "we dont know when the part is supposed to arrive, we will reach out to you when your car is ready though".

Have you driven to the Service Center in person and inquired for a more accurate status yet?

Hopefully we get our cars by the end of the month, fingers crossed. Super frustrating still.
For sure its not going to be in this Month !!! seems the early possible date is first week of June. Hope there is only one part is missing !!!

Reactions: NNM3
For sure its not going to be in this Month !!! seems the early possible date is first week of June. Hope there is only one part is missing !!!
Has anyone with the charge port hold from Florida received their actual delivery or even a confirmed appointment for pick up.....??

Any updates would be comforting in the otherwise horrific situation. Thanks in advance

Has anyone with the charge port hold from Florida received their actual delivery or even a confirmed appointment for pick up.....??

Any updates would be comforting in the otherwise horrific situation. Thanks in advance
'Horrific'? Let's get real here. What's going on in Ukraine is 'horrific'. This is merely inconvenient.

My MYLR was stuck since April 25th in Loveland, CO due to this charge port ECU missing problem. Finally got the car yesterday - 05/23.
I visited the delivery center couple of weeks back. The local manager mentioned that they were expecting a few parts to arrive next week and he added my order to some priority list to get the missing part allocated.

After many calls with Tesla over the past 3 weeks. I have concluded that no matter what traction we try to bring on this, they are going to claim that it is a supply chain issue and that they are not at fault and not to blame. A guy did help clarify that this was a part change request that happened to only a specific batch of VINs while they were in transit. so that leads me to believe that the manufacturer of the ECU's probably sent out a recall on a lot of the ECU's that they made, so it it likely that our vehicles in the lot do indeed have an ECU but it has been possibly recalled and now is awaiting the replacement to arrive. Still super frustrating. I am choosing to just hang in there an not decline my VIN because I am worried that the latter might end up being a Sept EDD or something.

Reactions: Teleezen and RVA03
After many calls with Tesla over the past 3 weeks. I have concluded that no matter what traction we try to bring on this, they are going to claim that it is a supply chain issue and that they are not at fault and not to blame. A guy did help clarify that this was a part change request that happened to only a specific batch of VINs while they were in transit. so that leads me to believe that the manufacturer of the ECU's probably sent out a recall on a lot of the ECU's that they made, so it it likely that our vehicles in the lot do indeed have an ECU but it has been possibly recalled and now is awaiting the replacement to arrive. Still super frustrating. I am choosing to just hang in there an not decline my VIN because I am worried that the latter might end up being a Sept EDD or something.
No hopes on getting the replacement ECU in the coming week ?
It was expected to get by end of May !

Reactions: Teleezen
No hopes on getting the replacement ECU in the coming week ?
It was expected to get by end of May !
The sales associate who I spoke with was the general Florida call center for Tesla so he didnt have any idea. I am awaiting an email back from my local SA who is actually at the location of where my car is, maybe he might have more insight as to if they have seen ECU's arrive at their location yet. I will keep you guys updated.

Reactions: Teleezen and RVA03
So I can’t recall if I posted it in this thread but I ended up getting my car May 20. So 25 days after I had received a 5 day delivery window and it shifting by one day at a time. Each time I drove past the delivery center I only saw a few cars so the parts must be trickling through.

I am pleased with the build quality of the car. Not one thing for me to report. It’s way better than I expected.

I hope all of those who have cars at delivery centers get their cars soon!