Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car at delivery centre but Tesla waiting for a part?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tysons facility in VA - same situation, Model Y. Been waiting since this first week of May. Car was confirmed delivered to the facility, still waiting. Was told today by the call center that they are awaiting a component replacement. While I can understand the wait, it's aggravating since I've been paying for the insurance on the car and I put 50% down. VIN 7SAYGDEE

• Love
Reactions: Teleezen and RVA03
Tysons facility in VA - same situation, Model Y. Been waiting since this first week of May. Car was confirmed delivered to the facility, still waiting. Was told today by the call center that they are awaiting a component replacement. While I can understand the wait, it's aggravating since I've been paying for the insurance on the car and I put 50% down. VIN 7SAYGDEE
Why are you paying insurance if you don't have the car? That's not Tesla's fault, that's yours. And as far as putting a down payment, you don't owe them any money until you get the car so, that's on you as well.

• Disagree
Reactions: No Quarter
My Tesla sales associate just reached out and said that the Orlando location is expecting to receive the charging port ECU parts this weekend. Still do hard set delivery date though. I guess they somehow now have tracking and eyesight on the parts now? Either way, looks like parts are arriving in across the country to the service centers. Hang in there everyone who has their car in a holding lot for the past month!

My Tesla sales associate just reached out and said that the Orlando location is expecting to receive the charging port ECU parts this weekend. Still do hard set delivery date though. I guess they somehow now have tracking and eyesight on the parts now? Either way, looks like parts are arriving in across the country to the service centers. Hang in there everyone who has their car in a holding lot for the past month!
Nice... Hopefully this comes to an end in next few days !!!
Able to schedule for delivery or still waiting of the confirmation ?

Why are you paying insurance if you don't have the car? That's not Tesla's fault, that's yours. And as far as putting a down payment, you don't owe them any money until you get the car so, that's on you as well.
The delivery center contacted me about what date was best to do the delivery acceptance. That meant I had to finish the "tasks" in the app - downpayment and insurance. Looking back on this I should have waited until it became an issue with them.

The delivery center contacted me about what date was best to do the delivery acceptance. That meant I had to finish the "tasks" in the app - downpayment and insurance. Looking back on this I should have waited until it became an issue with them.
Yeah their steps are misleading where it says "complete these steps to avoid delay in delivery". They actually dont require any initial payment at all in order to get a final delivery date, its a shame that they are fooling people into paying money towards a car that they havent even seen or received yet.

I just accepted my MYLR5 delivery yesterday, VIN419. The car's paint is close to flawless being that it sat in a holding lot for almost a month in the sun and elements. I did catch that the plastic cover with the vents that is under the frunk was missing two push clips to secure it down in the corners. I did find that the rear seat folding switches were recessed and not seated into the panel (this is most likely due to the SC needing to remove this panel to install the ECU). There was a plastic tape over the charging port and they had to clean up the residue that the sticker left on the paint, which was no problem. They were able to address all of these on the spot before I drove it off the lot. I did confirm with them that we do have a 100mi/or3-day window warranty to address anything we notice and they will come out to resolve it at no charge, such as scratches, panels fitments, etc.
Overall the car is absolutely incredible and the one month dark suspense was worth it and is as if it never happened. This charging port ECU shortage is slowly coming to an end for us all! Congrats to everyone and thank you for helping me through this struggle.

My MYLR was stuck since April 25th in Loveland, CO due to this charge port ECU missing problem. Finally got the car yesterday - 05/23.
I visited the delivery center couple of weeks back. The local manager mentioned that they were expecting a few parts to arrive next week and he added my order to some priority list to get the missing part allocated.
Yay, HOPE!!!!

Reactions: whodeewuhdee