TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Car forgot speed limit on local freeway

Discussion in 'Model S' started by brec, Sep 10, 2016.

1. brec

brec Member

Until a few days ago, my MS seemed to know that the speed limit on a local freeway was 65 without having to read a speed limit sign. While still on an on-ramp, the TACC default would become 76 -- I have the Speed Assist set to relative +11 (10 over + 1 for speedometer error adjustment). I don't specifically recall whether the speed limit showed as 65, but I'm sure about the TACC default.

Now, on the on-ramp and on the freeway until a speed limit sign is seen, the TACC default and the speed limit remain blank, and engaging TACC causes it to set to whatever speed I'm currently driving.

It's only a minor inconvenience, but I'm curious as to what may have changed. The car's been running 2.28.19 for almost two months.

2. green1

green1 Active Member

Autopilot downloads "tiles" independent of full map updates or firmware revisions. It's possible it got new data on one of those that caused the change.