Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car is flicking the lights on/off...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ragnarkov

Deep Blue Metalic SR+ w/ Sports Rims
Jun 23, 2019
Vancouver
So my car is charging in my driveway as normal. I'm using the basic 120V 15A charger that came with the car.

Except tonight, for some reason, its just started flicking the headlights on/off quickly every minute or 2.

I only noticed it cause I thought I heard a noise outside, and checked my security camera. And saw it had been inundated with motion video every minute or so. I went out to check the car. Nothing on sentry cam. Car appears to be fine. Charging normal. Its locked. But for some reason, it's just started doing this.

I'm gonna do a hard reboot of the car in the morning (hoping this fixes it, or it's a one night dealy), as I have a 1100km road trip with the kids starting tomorrow, and would prefer not to have this pissing people off at hotels etc.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Last night I didn't even look, as I was also helping my son out with something.

Came back and looked again. Most definitely sentry related. I'm reviewing the videos now...

Edit:

Tried uploading an image, but was a no go. Sentry recorded 104 events...

Edit 2:

Checked the videos. And nothing. It's like the system was glitching. It didn't catch the cat that walked under it, but caught a ton of nothing. Oh well. Drive wiped clean, and gonna do a hard reboot once fully charged.

Very strange...

Last edited:
Sometimes Sentry Mode just gets a little sensitive.:eek::D

IMG_0711.jpeg