Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car noises during software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it normal for your Tesla to make noises during a software update? I usually don’t hang out by my car when installing them but the recent update I did and one in the past I notified strange noises while the update was happening. It kind of sounds like the A/C fan when this happens. Can anyone confirm this is normal?

Reactions: shannonc13
I have updated software several times, but it used to be at night while the car was in the Garage. For the first time, I was around in the Garage when the update was underway. I heard all kinds of sounds, including some kind of small motors whirring and lights going on and off. Was worried at first, and quickly searched this forum. So, I guess its normal and nothing to worry about.:rolleyes:

Reactions: shannonc13 and Kide
I have updated software several times, but it used to be at night while the car was in the Garage. For the first time, I was around in the Garage when the update was underway. I heard all kinds of sounds, including some kind of small motors whirring and lights going on and off. Was worried at first, and quickly searched this forum. So, I guess its normal and nothing to worry about.:rolleyes:
Unless the car makes a break for it, there's nothing to worry about.