Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Seat for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

For my 2 year old, I am planning on buying the Diono Radian 3RXT Convertible Car Seat, Dark Grey

What seat protector is recommended? Please let me know.

I have the older version of that car seat (late 2014). It’s a beast. Once I got it installed I never wanted to move it. Hopefully the newer version is easier to tighten down to minimize side to side seat movement.

Anyway, I did buy this for it but never installed it. Diono Seat Bottom Protector Super - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFQ5BMU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wZxIDbRBV3A74

My daughter digs it. It’s a different design than a lot of other seats in that it’s not heavily padded. Instead it’s more like an Aeon office chair. Very breathable with good support. I didn’t install with a seat protector though I’m rethinking that decision right now...

Is it really comfortable? Also, did you use any car seat protector before installing the pico? Please let me know.

I would consider something like that for a travel seat since it's very light weight and folds down. However for a daily use car seat you want to keep the child facing rearwards for as long as possible until they are physically too large for a rear facing car seat, crash data out of countries that have done extensive study in this area show that rear facing children fare FAR better in crashes than children in forward facing car seats. That car seat is front facing only.

I would consider something like that for a travel seat since it's very light weight and folds down. However for a daily use car seat you want to keep the child facing rearwards for as long as possible until they are physically too large for a rear facing car seat, crash data out of countries that have done extensive study in this area show that rear facing children fare FAR better in crashes than children in forward facing car seats. That car seat is front facing only.
Totally agree! I’m a doctor and this is what I tell my patients and it’s how we roll too. My daughter is REALLY tall and absolutely unable to go rear facing, hence the pico.

My daughter is 99th percentile for height and taller
Than the 4 year olds in her swim class. Her knees would be touching her chin were she rear facing at this point - not only super uncomfortable but another source of injury in an accident. If I could
Keep her rear facing, I would....

I really enjoy this talk about car seat safety, BTW. I’m my clinic’s car seat guru and am really happy to see it being discussed like this. It’s so important to have the right seat, secured in the correct way, with straps and headrest adjusted so that it properly fits your child.

Not sure how much your child weighs, but we love our pico. Light weight, super high quality, travels easy.

Pico Car Seat

FYI. We have a wayB for our child and have recently been notified of a safety recall. Apparently the head rest tubes may break off and separate the head rest from the seat back. It’s recommended to stop using the seat and to contact Pico.

Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment

Stay safe. It is a great seat though and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it as well once they fix this problem.

FYI. We have a wayB for our child and have recently been notified of a safety recall. Apparently the head rest tubes may break off and separate the head rest from the seat back. It’s recommended to stop using the seat and to contact Pico.

Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment

Stay safe. It is a great seat though and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it as well once they fix this problem.

Wow! Just wow. Can’t thank you enough for bringing this to our attention. Had no idea and never notified by WayB - that’s super concerning. Guess I’m going shopping for a new seat...right now. I didn’t have any plans for this afternoon. Now, I do!

this is what I used. has a zipper for middle armrest passthrough and openings for seatbelts or latch attachments. I put a towel for extra padding between the seats and the seat protector because the bottom of the click base is rather sharp though and still created indentation on pleather.

https://www.amazon.com/YESYEES-Wate...Waterproof+Dog+Car+Seat&qid=1569612901&sr=8-4

71345045_549765842427509_9189097781220868096_n.jpg

71528904_442337756684869_146485541871812608_n.jpg

it even fits the X

71751708_384716932421682_2189784643459350528_n.jpg

71061507_548532195893603_9158149994937581568_n.jpg

Reactions: SoCalGuy