TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Car Seat triggers seat belt warning (8.0 changes)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by fengshui, Oct 7, 2016.

1. fengshui

fengshui Member

Anyone know how to let the car know that the weight in a middle row seat is actually a car seat? My X has always detected the weight there and wanted the seat belt buckled (this car seat is connected via LATCH), but in 8.0, it now displays the non-buckled seat belt on the left display all the time, so I can't see anything on that display. Any way to let it know that the unbucked belt is normal?

2. outie

outie Member

Try re-installing your car seats by securing the LATCH more / less. I have 2 car seats with both kids seated in the middle row without warning after 8.0 update.

3. Gymee

Gymee Member

So uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. I didn't try less right since I need the seat to be safely installed with less than 1 inch of wiggle. I took out the child seat and buckled the shoulder strap in and then installed on top of it using LATCH and the warning has gone away. Seats worked as before so it is a solution until they allow you to turn off the warning.

• Helpful x 1
  4. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

I had to do the same thing as you to get it to go away as well. A bug that will certainly be resolved in the coming updates.

• Like x 1
  5. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

Is everyone in this thread using a seat protector under the car seat? I wonder if there's something going on with weight distribution. maybe the seat protector distributes weight more so no occupant detected. I have two latch connected seats with seat protectors and have never had the occupancy sensors triggered.

6. outie

outie Member

Possible, as I have seat protectors under both car seats as well. I don't have the issue.

7. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

I have no issue but my car seat is in the middle seat 2nd row therefore the seatbelt is latched.

8. LuckyX

LuckyX Stormtrooper X60D, Autopilot, and Hitch

I have a rear facing car seat in my 2nd row secured by LATCH and seat protector. I don't get the warning.

9. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Front facing in second row with LATCH and rear tether. No warning for me on v8

10. fengshui

fengshui Member

I figured it out. The warning will trigger if the seat detects more than 65 lbs of pressure from the seat, child and LATCH:
    From the Model X Owner's Manual:
    They recommend attaching using the seat belt when the pressure is over 65lbs, which will, of course, also silence the warning.

11. Gymee

Gymee Member

I get the warning with my diono radian which is less than 65lbs and even if my child is not in the seat. I use a seat protector and have the exact same model in the third row where I do not get a warning. It is possible though that I didn't pull the straps as hard in the third row seat (and yes I love my children equally and am not trying to sabotage one of them ;))

12. fengshui

fengshui Member

Yeah, I get the warning too with no kid and a relatively light seat, but my seat is pulled pretty hard into the LATCH hooks. (I sat on it with my full weight and pulled.) Either way, clicking in the seat belt fixed the problem for me.